What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 Different Swim Spas  (Read 31494 times)

retiredmt

2 Different Swim Spas
« on: March 08, 2020, 12:04:09 am »
I'm looking at purchasing either an Arctic swim spa or Endless Pool. I live in Western Montana and the spa would be outside. Does anyone have personal experience with either one? Pros, cons?  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

2 Different Swim Spas
« on: March 08, 2020, 12:04:09 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: 2 Different Swim Spas
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 10:08:52 am »
Arctic... The cedar wood skirting will need yearly/bi-yearly maintenance (sanding and stain) to keep it looking presentable. You may want to do the math and see if it is better to cross the border and buy on the Canadian side. Your dollar is trading at about $1.25 over a CAD. 20,000 USD is about $26,500 Canadian so if you have a truck and trailer it might be worth a road trip.

100% wet test each spa before buying. There are many different way to create the swim flow of water and you might not like the way the water flows. Some use a propeller some use round jets some use elongated jets and you won't know without trying. Variable speeds allow use by different levels and sizes of swimmers. Separation between hot tub and swim area should be considered. Without separation do you swim in 104 degree water so you can enjoy the hot tub portion or do you keep the water at a lower temp so you can swim without over heating. Know what the warranty is and covers. Most warranty are pro rated over the warranty period. Service is very important to consider. Do they use in house service or 3rd party and what are the charges for them to come out for a service call. Living in Montana insulation is very important if you plan on using year round. If you go with the Arctic I would add extra Roxol rock wool to the open areas inside the spa leaving the equipment area enough room to breath. Can't comment on Endless as I have never seen one in my area. Good Luck with your purchase.

Most swim spa deliveries will require a crane to get it off the trailer and into place. Often having to go over the house and different size cranes cost different amounts so make sure you know those costs as well.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:16:56 am by CanadianSpaTech »

retiredmt

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 10:31:45 am »
Arctic... The cedar wood skirting will need yearly/bi-yearly maintenance (sanding and stain) to keep it looking presentable. You may want to do the math and see if it is better to cross the border and buy on the Canadian side. Your dollar is trading at about $1.25 over a CAD. 20,000 USD is about $26,500 Canadian so if you have a truck and trailer it might be worth a road trip.

100% wet test each spa before buying. There are many different way to create the swim flow of water and you might not like the way the water flows. Some use a propeller some use round jets some use elongated jets and you won't know without trying. Variable speeds allow use by different levels and sizes of swimmers. Separation between hot tub and swim area should be considered. Without separation do you swim in 104 degree water so you can enjoy the hot tub portion or do you keep the water at a lower temp so you can swim without over heating. Know what the warranty is and covers. Most warranty are pro rated over the warranty period. Service is very important to consider. Do they use in house service or 3rd party and what are the charges for them to come out for a service call. Living in Montana insulation is very important if you plan on using year round. If you go with the Arctic I would add extra Roxol rock wool to the open areas inside the spa leaving the equipment area enough room to breath. Can't comment on Endless as I have never seen one in my area. Good Luck with your purchase.

Most swim spa deliveries will require a crane to get it off the trailer and into place. Often having to go over the house and different size cranes cost different amounts so make sure you know those costs as well.
Thanks for the feedback. Great information. Purchasing in Canada is not an option and I am planning on buying a separate hot tub. The model depends on the swim spa I purchase. Fortunately both Hot Springs and Arctic have great service out here. And yes, wet test is in the plans.

Jag8

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 08:38:41 am »
I always find in interesting when “top” brands offer insulation upgrades. “You mean for a small fee, you’ll line the cabinet with  blue jeans in to insulate my swim / spa?”

Endless comes out of the gate fully insulated. That’s why so many of our customers have chosen to place them in high altitude, cold weather environments such as Tahoe.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 08:38:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42