What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I know what I want...What should I buy? (Yes, another newbie post)  (Read 8349 times)

abbydabbydo

Re: I know what I want...What should I buy? (Yes, another newbie post)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 06:59:01 pm »
need more info...upgraded lighting? upgraded wood cabinet? upgraded insulation package? cover, steps, and lifter included? you should be in the 4,500-6k range depending on options though...great tubs, we sold 64 of them last year

Thanks BFSMN! Glad to hear it, I hear good things...

I'm a dealer's favorite person - no upgraded anything. Haha (I'm not actually a cheapskate, I'm laying out everything on my down payment for my home right now). Prices I've gotten on Sundance tubs have included cover, lifter and delivery, so that would probably be the best comparison to make while comparing features to price...Those were the Denali, I think...I've requested quotes from a Nordic dealer now and am waiting...

As much as I want to keep cost low, I don't want to cut myself short, though. Anything you say is 100% worth the upgrade? Insulation? I'll be in CO where nights run in the 20s and most days in the 40s+ in the winter.

Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 06:59:01 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 08:08:17 pm »
Upgrade on the insulation. Being In Colorado it’s a cheap upgrade that will pay for itself in 1 year. I as well sold 50+ of the Nordic line last year. Very few warranty issues with all Nordic’s I’ve sold over the last 10 years or so

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 12:58:45 pm »
need more info...upgraded lighting? upgraded wood cabinet? upgraded insulation package? cover, steps, and lifter included? you should be in the 4,500-6k range depending on options though...great tubs, we sold 64 of them last year

Thanks BFSMN! Glad to hear it, I hear good things...

I'm a dealer's favorite person - no upgraded anything. Haha (I'm not actually a cheapskate, I'm laying out everything on my down payment for my home right now). Prices I've gotten on Sundance tubs have included cover, lifter and delivery, so that would probably be the best comparison to make while comparing features to price...Those were the Denali, I think...I've requested quotes from a Nordic dealer now and am waiting...

As much as I want to keep cost low, I don't want to cut myself short, though. Anything you say is 100% worth the upgrade? Insulation? I'll be in CO where nights run in the 20s and most days in the 40s+ in the winter.

Thank you!

100% get the insulation upgrade, it's not very expensive at all and easily worth it especially in CO...once you get a quote check back and let us know what they came up with

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 11:00:22 am »
Hi Everyone! It took me this long to get logged back in, I couldn't comment on all your nice replies! I  just wanted to say thank you. Would anyone recommend or not recommend the Nordic brand? Can anyone tell me appropriate prices for the Impulse and Queen XL?

For what it is worth:  I have never sold Nordic but I have dealers that carry that line and they appreciate it for what it provides at that price point.  I'd wager most within the industry would put Nordic up near the top on entry-level brands.

abbydabbydo

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 09:02:13 pm »
Thanks everyone! I got one quote on Nordics, and all I can do is laugh. This guy has come in high everytime, though. Waiting for another.

Impulse – $5795

Impulse DP – $5995

Crown XL – $7195

These prices include: Cover, Nordic pure, Deluxe water care kit, delivery and setup.

Also got a quote on Viking 2P - very deep! $4999 delivered - https://vikingspas.com/viking-series-2p.html - Anyone have anything to say about this brand?

Sam

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 01:27:22 pm »

Also got a quote on Viking 2P - very deep! $4999 delivered - https://vikingspas.com/viking-series-2p.html - Anyone have anything to say about this brand?

I'm not a fan of their "industry-leading warranty" that is prorated and pretty worthless after 2 years.  I personally think Nordic is the better of the 2 in terms of product quality and company reputation.

abbydabbydo

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2020, 02:41:45 pm »
Thanks, Sam!

I'm still trying to get pricing from other Nordic dealers. Keep you guys posted.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 05:52:19 pm »
Thanks everyone! I got one quote on Nordics, and all I can do is laugh. This guy has come in high everytime, though. Waiting for another.

Impulse – $5795

Impulse DP – $5995

Crown XL – $7195

These prices include: Cover, Nordic pure, Deluxe water care kit, delivery and setup.

Im a Nordic dealer and those prices are real high. At least 20% to high on impulse models

abbydabbydo

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 10:41:15 am »
Thanks everyone! I've now gotten some realistic pricing.

Impulse DP: $4395. Plus steps, insulation, lifter, delivery: $4995 + tax.

Should I negotiate this? Seems that this industry is sort of like cars, you have to at least try. What would be a smart/reasonable counter? I like my dealer, so don't want to go for the throat.

I could also take this back to the folks that I mentioned above, who haven't been so awesome, but are in town. This guy is about an hour away. (I wasn't aware the dealer in town even sold these).

betsbillabong

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 05:21:55 pm »
Damn. I was just quoted $6000 plus tax.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 05:21:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42