What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Heater GFCI breaker keeps tripping  (Read 1640 times)

Pokerwiggs2

Heater GFCI breaker keeps tripping
« on: May 15, 2020, 05:29:49 pm »

Working on a 2006 Grandee.  In 2016 I replaced the heater as well as the heater relay board. 

My issue is that during really cold nights or when I refill the tub, the 20amp GFCI breaker keeps tripping.  Yet once the water is up to temp or normal weather - I've no issue.   This has been going on for about a year.

I originaly thought it was due to bad GFCI breakers.  I've replaced with new (mice had gotten into the box, and chewed it to shreds before they got fried, I had to replace the entire box.) 

I've also thought it was a bad heater core - so I've put in a new one of those also. 

My circ pump also went bad this past year, so my circ pump is new also.   I've unplugged ozone and it will trip without ozone.

What I do notice is that's the heater relay board - (Watkins Heater Relay Board #77119) is throwing some heat when under load.  Not a ton of heat, but still enough you don't want to leave your hand on it.

I'm thinking that it could be my GFCI breaker is bad or my undergrond wires.  Yet my #1 suspect is this heater relay board I put in four years ago is starting to go bad.

Anybody have a way for me to check on of these new relay boards?

Hot Tub Forum

Heater GFCI breaker keeps tripping
« on: May 15, 2020, 05:29:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42