What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Use of chlorine tablets in floater in J-335  (Read 2536 times)

StaffordUK

Use of chlorine tablets in floater in J-335
« on: January 30, 2020, 04:04:04 pm »
Had problems for the last 12 months in keeping water clear. Recently was away for 4 weeks and left the tub so cloudy that I would not use it but had the house sitter add the chlorine tablets to the floater and left.

On my return the water was crystal clear. However I then read that you could not use a chlorine tablet in a Jacuzzi that had TRICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID in its compound. Stating that it could damage the linings and pumps

I then drained the tub and cleaned etc and refilled. Got the alkaline and PH balanced and back to chlorine granules. Now 3 weeks later I can see the water starting to go cloudy. The non chlorine shock has been added weekly and PH Alkaline correct and checked daily.

Can anybody please advise if what I read is true and I cannot use the tablets that changed a milky Hottub to crystal clear if that unfortunately is true any suggestions what is causing the problem.

Hot Tub Forum

Use of chlorine tablets in floater in J-335
« on: January 30, 2020, 04:04:04 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Use of chlorine tablets in floater in J-335
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 05:32:53 pm »
Had problems for the last 12 months in keeping water clear. Recently was away for 4 weeks and left the tub so cloudy that I would not use it but had the house sitter add the chlorine tablets to the floater and left.

On my return the water was crystal clear. However I then read that you could not use a chlorine tablet in a Jacuzzi that had TRICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID in its compound. Stating that it could damage the linings and pumps

I then drained the tub and cleaned etc and refilled. Got the alkaline and PH balanced and back to chlorine granules. Now 3 weeks later I can see the water starting to go cloudy. The non chlorine shock has been added weekly and PH Alkaline correct and checked daily.

Can anybody please advise if what I read is true and I cannot use the tablets that changed a milky Hottub to crystal clear if that unfortunately is true any suggestions what is causing the problem.

You mentioned you added chlorine granules after filling/balancing it but made no mention of its use thereafter and only mentioned shocking and balancing. What is your daily/weekly routine relative to your sanitizer (chlorine)?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

StaffordUK

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:11:23 pm »
Chlorine is added daily a.m. If I check levels PH ALKALINE AND CHLORINE after 4 hours all is correct after 12 hours it usually shows Chlorine low.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:11:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42