What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Will running the MotoMassager at full power wear out the arms faster?  (Read 2314 times)

ratchett

Naturally there is a huge difference in the motomassager performance when all jets are open, verses closing all other jets and set the diverter to the Motomassager side.  But I'm curious what sort of wear and tear this does to the tubing material.

Does this increased water flow negatively affect the lifespan of the arms, requiring replacement more frequently?

Just trying to learn now before I start abusing the system and wear things out quicker than necessary.  Because I really enjoy closing all other jets and sending full power to the lounger.

I've seen wildly different reports on the lifespan which I know can be affected by water care.  But I've seen everywhere from three years to ten years.  Realistically what's the lifepsan on the motomassager arms? five years?

Hot Tub Forum

gltomlin

Re: Will running the MotoMassager at full power wear out the arms faster?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 10:32:42 am »
Similar question - mine are 3 yrs old and now sometimes they don't move vertically no matter the valve settings, sporadically working or not working. Guess I will call svc to replace while still under warranty.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 12:51:50 pm »
Nope.  Water chemistry will have the greatest effect on the lifespan of the jet.  I've seen them fail within 1-2 years and last 10+.  Chlorine and pH levels appear to have the greatest impact.

ratchett

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 06:58:56 am »
Nope.  Water chemistry will have the greatest effect on the lifespan of the jet.  I've seen them fail within 1-2 years and last 10+.  Chlorine and pH levels appear to have the greatest impact.

Thanks for replying! I really appreciate hearing from dealers like yourself with years of experience on these things. 

When you say Chlorine appears to have an impact, do you mean maintaining a high PPM of chlorine?  Or would chlorine shocking the spa too frequently also cause that?

I'm assuming the interior tubing is simply a high-grade silicone material (custom spec if I'm not mistaken - oval shaped, not an industry standard round tubing)

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 09:14:28 pm »
Correct.  If either your chlorine is consistently high or pH is consistently low, that is when issues can occur with any jet.  The occasional low pH or the temporary high chlorine level from shocking probably has a minimal affect on the longevity.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 09:14:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42