What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cabinet watermarks.  (Read 2296 times)

browerjs

Cabinet watermarks.
« on: January 05, 2020, 10:12:18 am »
After every use of my new Hotspring Flair w/salt system,  I’m getting a lot of whiteish marks on the cabinet.  Is this normal?  Or is it from the salt in the water or something else in the water?

Hot Tub Forum

Cabinet watermarks.
« on: January 05, 2020, 10:12:18 am »

d00nut

Re: Cabinet watermarks.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 02:18:47 pm »
Generally, dark cabinets will show the calcium in the water much more.  Obviously, the salt will show this, but I have a Caldera Vanto in my store right now that someone used this past Saturday, which is Java in color, and it shows similar marks despite it not being salt.  A wet rag will make it look good as new :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 04:38:53 pm »
Generally, dark cabinets will show the calcium in the water much more.  Obviously, the salt will show this, but I have a Caldera Vanto in my store right now that someone used this past Saturday, which is Java in color, and it shows similar marks despite it not being salt.  A wet rag will make it look good as new :)

The key is to keep the water off that but easier said than done on a hot tub.  ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

browerjs

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 06:12:27 pm »

The key is to keep the water off that but easier said than done on a hot tub.  ;)

Ok, I figured that it wasn’t anything abnormal in my water, just gonna be a pain to keep clean

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 06:40:31 pm »
Sometimes a cover lifter can be mounted not completely precise, and then the cover is slightly askew and that can lead to runoff down the cabinet.  Or if you don't have a cover lifter, sometimes it is due to the cover being put on not totally square.  Other possible factors of cabinet marks: Splash out during usage or waterfalls / water features left on while the cover is closed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 06:40:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42