What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Cameo 880  (Read 3121 times)

Gsmith7845

Sundance Cameo 880
« on: January 01, 2020, 10:18:47 pm »
Hi there , new poster here , I am debating on purchasing a 2012 Sundance cameo 880 for approx 2-$2500 and was wondering what the general consensus on this brand is around here ?? The hot tub looks great and seems to very well maintained , I am checking it out in person on Friday and was also wondering what to look for ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Cameo 880
« on: January 01, 2020, 10:18:47 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Sundance Cameo 880
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 10:52:59 am »
Hi there , new poster here , I am debating on purchasing a 2012 Sundance cameo 880 for approx 2-$2500 and was wondering what the general consensus on this brand is around here ?? The hot tub looks great and seems to very well maintained , I am checking it out in person on Friday and was also wondering what to look for ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

Ask them to leave it covered before you get there and look for it to be dry around the spa/underneath before opening the cover. Look at the shape of the cover and see if its waterlogged when opening. Ask how old that cover is, you may need a new one and recognizing that with them may give you better negotiating power because this IS a negotiation.

Look for the spa to be fully heated with no error codes flashing. Open the front door to be sure its dry inside, don't worry about it being spotless/spider webs but look to be sure there are no signs of mice/critters in there. Turn on/off all pumps to be sure they are operational, turn on/off all valves on the bar top to be sure they operate.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 10:53:55 am »
Happy New year and welcome to the forum.

Overall Sundance is considered one of the top brands. (I'm a 2012 Sundance Majesta owner)  The Cameo was a great seller. Its just my wife and I so we went with the smaller Majesta this time around.  The price seems reasonable.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 10:56:07 am »

Ask them to leave it covered before you get there and look for it to be dry around the spa/underneath before opening the cover. Look at the shape of the cover and see if its waterlogged when opening. Ask how old that cover is, you may need a new one and recognizing that with them may give you better negotiating power because this IS a negotiation.

Several good points, but on the cover, a replacement will probably be around $500!  So that is some negotiating room.   While the cover may look ok, see if the weakest member of  your family can open and close it by themselves.  They get really heavy when they are water logged and your less likely to use it if its a lot of work just to open and close.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 10:56:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42