What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Your Opinion  (Read 3316 times)

EZFrag

Need Your Opinion
« on: December 31, 2019, 01:44:03 pm »
Wife pushing for one.  Need one for 7 people.  I want to buy local in case I need service.  I have an option of 3 brands.  Thermaspas (No service with this one, sale it at Home Depot), Hot Springs, and Sundance.  Any thoughts on these brands?

Hot Tub Forum

Need Your Opinion
« on: December 31, 2019, 01:44:03 pm »

castletonia

Re: Need Your Opinion
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
Hot Spring and Sundance are premium, well respected brands.  The fact that you would not have local support on the ThermoSpa would make that a no go for me.

ratchett

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 08:16:23 pm »
Sundance and Jacuzzi are owned by the same conglomerate, so you're buying a good brand there.  Hotspring is Jacuzzi's #1 competitor by volume.   (Bullfrog would be the #3 largest brand name on the internet, so be sure to take a look at their offerings while you're at it)

I'm a new spa owner and naturally a fanboy of my brand, so my vote is for Hotspring haha.  But you really need to wet-test both the Sundance and Hotspring spas to see which you like better (even if the make/model you want isn't available, at least wet-test another model from the same product line to get an ideal comparison).  Not everyone likes a Motomassager on the HotSpring Highlife spas.  And by the inverse some might find the Sundance jets too strong or irritating for one's liking.

Wet testing is important, but also be sure to review the dealer - they will be your point of contact for all warranty service so make sure they're competent.  Not all spa dealers are created equal - some budget brands and dealers expect you to be your own service technician while other dealers will give you white glove service from purchase to five years later with zero call out fees.  Prices for the same make/model can vary greatly even within your region depending on the dealer you're buying from, so don't be afraid to call other dealers in your region

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 03:36:19 pm »
Hot Spring and Sundance are premium, well respected brands.  The fact that you would not have local support on the ThermoSpa would make that a no go for me.

Agree, if those are your only choices, stay away from ThermoSpa.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:01:37 pm »
Wife pushing for one.  Need one for 7 people.  I want to buy local in case I need service.  I have an option of 3 brands.  Thermaspas (No service with this one, sale it at Home Depot), Hot Springs, and Sundance.  Any thoughts on these brands?

Welcome to the forum.  May I ask why you need one for 7 people?  Please let us know what you end up with.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ReviveSpas

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »
I have sold Caldera,Hot Springs,Jacuzzi and Sundance throughout my career. I currently sell Hot Spring and Sundance side by side. I have been to both factories in Mexico so I have watched the entire process. I am not a huge fan of Thermo and good luck if you already gave them your phone number as they will call you 5 times a day until they setup an in home consult. As you stated service is the issue with Thermo. Sundance and Hot Spring are both made well. I personally own a Hot Spring Flair. I was a tech for years as well so I have worked on all these brands as well so I have seen it all. I would make sure you sit in the spas dry to see which is more comfortable. Don't focus on entertaining people for " hot tub parties"  that usually happen rarely unless you are a big entertainer. I tell my customers to focus on the people who be using it on a daily basis. If you want to accommodate 4 adults with some extra space I would stay away from lounge models for foot-well space. You also want to look at how the company services it's customers after the sale. I would look at the Pulse in the Limelight series of the Hot Spring line and the Chelsee in 780 series of the Sundance line. Those two models are essentially apples to apples. If you run a Sundance I would consider a 60 amp setup as it will allow both pump and heater to run concurrent.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42