What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artic Spa Grizzly  (Read 8759 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Artic Spa Grizzly
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 02:34:18 pm »
Being In a cold environment do you lose power often?  If so I would prefer the Insulation on a hot spring versus a arctic due to the fact it’s fully insulated versus the perimeter insulation.

This isn't entirely true, The water in the vessel will keep the inside space (plumbing) warmer for longer on the Arctic. The equipment (plumbing) is in the warmed by vessel space on the arctic but not the HS. In the long run the water in the vessel of the HS would freeze slower but the plumbing in the equipment area would long be froze on the HS before the Arctic.

Either way it won't matter. In very cold climates power outages are very very rare for longer than a few hours. And if there is a longer outage your house will have a bigger problem.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 02:34:18 pm »

406soaker

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 08:11:17 pm »
Artic dealer said we could wet test it. 4K difference between the Grizzly and the Flair.  Will the monthly electric  operating cost be similar between the two tubs?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 10:24:56 pm »
Artic dealer said we could wet test it. 4K difference between the Grizzly and the Flair.  Will the monthly electric  operating cost be similar between the two tubs?

No, the HS will be more efficient, it has more insulation.
Retired

406soaker

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 11:26:35 pm »
Thanks. Going wet test the Artic then reassess. The flair actually closer to 5K more after looking at the invoice again.

406soaker

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2019, 12:03:41 am »
https://www.arcticspas.com/arctic-spas/grizzly/

Here the Artic Spa were looking at.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2019, 08:19:50 am »
https://www.arcticspas.com/arctic-spas/grizzly/

Here the Artic Spa were looking at.

This part of their insulation description is deceitful.

"Ambient heat from the pump penetrates the spa shell and heats the water. In winter this heat returns to the pump area in the event of a power loss."

Facts are in cold climate the warmth generated from the pumps creates r-factor in the cabinet. Pumps filter and create warmth for 4 hours a day, that leaves the balance of the day, 20 hours with less r-factor than the HS. And you better hope that its not "heat" heat is the enemy of hot tub equipment.
Retired

406soaker

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2019, 10:47:56 am »
Thank you.

Is the ACE system installed at the factory or can that be added later on with the Flair Model? We’re trying save where we can and if I could go without the salt for now that would save us quite a bit of money based on how much I’ve seen the ACE go for on these forums.

castletonia

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2019, 11:56:57 am »
ACE would be a dealer installed option.  It will probably cost you a bit more to add it later than if your dealer installs it at the time of delivery since they will have to make a separate trip.

If those are the only two models you are down to, then let the wet test and dealer's credibility make the decision for you.  It doesn't matter if the Arctic is $5k cheaper if you don't fit right it in.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2019, 12:33:19 pm »
ACE would be a dealer installed option.  It will probably cost you a bit more to add it later than if your dealer installs it at the time of delivery since they will have to make a separate trip.

If those are the only two models you are down to, then let the wet test and dealer's credibility make the decision for you.  It doesn't matter if the Arctic is $5k cheaper if you don't fit right it in.

Yea and if the Arctic is 5 grand cheaper is not an apples to apples comparison.
Retired

ratchett

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2019, 12:54:06 pm »
Thank you.

Is the ACE system installed at the factory or can that be added later on with the Flair Model? We’re trying save where we can and if I could go without the salt for now that would save us quite a bit of money based on how much I’ve seen the ACE go for on these forums.

The new 2019 systems do not use the older expensive ACE salt system. Instead it's an inline cartridge system.   

My dealer was charging the same price if I wanted the Freshwater salt or the Ozone system

406soaker

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2019, 03:33:12 pm »
It’s a 2020 model. Dealer said they would throw in a year supply of cartridges.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2019, 03:33:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42