What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artic Spa Grizzly  (Read 8704 times)

406soaker

Artic Spa Grizzly
« on: December 09, 2019, 03:16:34 pm »
Has anyone bought an Artic Spa Grizzly? We got quoted 8k. However, our Hot Springs dealer has a Flair on discount for 10,800 with salt. Trying to decide between the two.

Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

Artic Spa Grizzly
« on: December 09, 2019, 03:16:34 pm »

ratchett

Re: Artic Spa Grizzly
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 03:54:25 pm »
Which dealer do you like better?  Price isn't the only factor you need to consider when buying a tub.

Also have you wet-tested both spas? Which do you like better? 

Prices will vary around the country depending on the margins the dealer is operating on.   Keep in mind this company will be your single point of contact with the manufacturer if you have any problem with your investment over the next several years.  So be certain they are dedicated to customer satisfaction and have their own in-house service technicians to help with any problems should they arise.

The last thing you want is a leaky tub and a "we'll be there in three weeks if you agree to pay us a call out fee just to look at the tub" response from the dealer.

Also if you go Hotspring, I vote you skip the salt feature - it's a PITA to get up and running. The older circulation pump and ozonator is a very effective method of keeping water sanitized with the need for less chemicals (I still use chlorine but way less than a basic hot tub without an ozonator)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:06:08 pm »
Also if you go Hotspring, I vote you skip the salt feature - it's a PITA to get up and running. The older circulation pump and ozonator is a very effective method of keeping water sanitized with the need for less chemicals (I still use chlorine but way less than a basic hot tub without an ozonator)

Ratchett I’ve seen you post this a few times. With no experience at all with this system how would you possibly know this. I have it. It was quite simple to setup. I’ve had it for about a year and half. Run a low chlorine level. Tub is always clear and clean. It’s quite simple.

ratchett

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 06:32:56 pm »

Ratchett I’ve seen you post this a few times. With no experience at all with this system how would you possibly know this. I have it. It was quite simple to setup. I’ve had it for about a year and half. Run a low chlorine level. Tub is always clear and clean. It’s quite simple.

I'm going off the countless complaints I've seen online.  I have hardly seen anyone stating they are satisfied with their Watkins Freshwater Salt System.    The sheer number of complaints I've seen regarding the ACE and new Freshwater salt system are far more than anything I'd consider a statistical anomaly.

From what I can see, the Freshwater Salt system is an attempt by Watkins to patent a technology to increase profit margins.  I understand the original ACE system is different from the newer 2019 Freshwater system, but I have only come across a handful of users who are actually satisfied with their salt setups.   I get that an unsatisfied customer is more likely to complain online than a satisfied customer, but we're talking nine to one ratios right now.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 09:12:33 pm »
I’ve seen maybe half a dozen posts on here about them and people having some issues. 9/10 times after advice was given you never heard from them again. Just this year I have sold 150+ models with this system. I’m by no means a big dealer. So 6-7 complaints out of thousands of people who have this system leads you to believe this?  The Ace system that was setup by dealers who understood the system was much more effective then dealers who weren’t well versed. I think the same thing with freshwater system. It is literally the easiest system to use out of any other chem system I have used in my own hot tub or a hot tub I have sold. I’ve been in the hot tub business for 25+ years at this point.  If you get this from a dealer who gets the system you would agree

406soaker

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 11:39:08 pm »
Dealer has been there for 40 years and has excellent reviews. I can’t find anything on the Artic Grizzly. However, being in Montana I want the most efficient spa. We’re going be testing the grizzly, rhythm and the flair tomorrow.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 12:05:22 am »
Think you have 3 good choices. I think HS does a better job when it comes to energy efficiency but out of all the companies that due perimeter insulation Arctic does it the best. Base it on how the tubs feel

swilly1000

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 12:29:04 am »
I’ve seen maybe half a dozen posts on here about them and people having some issues. 9/10 times after advice was given you never heard from them again. Just this year I have sold 150+ models with this system. I’m by no means a big dealer. So 6-7 complaints out of thousands of people who have this system leads you to believe this?  The Ace system that was setup by dealers who understood the system was much more effective then dealers who weren’t well versed. I think the same thing with freshwater system. It is literally the easiest system to use out of any other chem system I have used in my own hot tub or a hot tub I have sold. I’ve been in the hot tub business for 25+ years at this point.  If you get this from a dealer who gets the system you would agree
There's a LOT of math I'm not understanding in the first part of that post.

As for salt systems, well that's a whole other topic lol.

swilly1000

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 12:31:55 am »
I’ve seen maybe half a dozen posts on here about them and people having some issues. 9/10 times after advice was given you never heard from them again. Just this year I have sold 150+ models with this system. I’m by no means a big dealer. So 6-7 complaints out of thousands of people who have this system leads you to believe this?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 02:00:44 pm »

Lol. Yeah reading it it looks confusing!  My point was I have 150 of these systems out in the field with very low issues. Out of the people on hear asking questions or having problems with the system for the most part you never hear from them again. Do you don’t know if they listened to advice and problem was solved or what end result was.

406soaker

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 04:07:51 pm »
We do live in a very cold climate. The Artic Spa is an ABS shell, where the Hotsprings is a fiber glass. Is there anything to be worried about in terms of an ABS shell?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 10:50:02 pm »
Have you wet tested either. Your getting hung up in some stuff that doesn’t really matter much. Two different manufacturing processes. Done properly they will last for years. Being In a cold environment do you lose power often?  If so I would prefer the Insulation on a hot spring versus a arctic due to the fact it’s fully insulated versus the perimeter insulation. Have you wet tested either?

ratchett

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 11:45:32 pm »
We do live in a very cold climate. The Artic Spa is an ABS shell, where the Hotsprings is a fiber glass. Is there anything to be worried about in terms of an ABS shell?

How's your car's interior panels holding up?  Any problem with your car trim panels?  Most of your car's interior plastic trim panels are made from sheets of ABS, at least half as thick as the basepan of your Artic Spa.

That said, I'm fairly certain the basepan on my new 2019 Hotspring Jetsetter is ABS, not fiberglass

406soaker

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 09:47:45 am »
Both are display models that aren’t filled. I’ve only been able sit in each one. We lose power a few times a year, but maybe 12 hours tops. They only have the higher end/ bigger tubs running. Would it be out of line for me to ask them to get them running so I have the ability to wet test it?  The Flair is the last model they have, 10.8 cash or 12.8 financed.

swilly1000

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 11:50:05 am »
Not at all out of line.  Wet testing is the single best thing you can do in evaluating your purchase decision.  If the dealer can't or won't allow that, that's BIG. 

Would you buy a $10K+ car after just sitting in it? Or would you insist on driving it?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 11:50:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42