What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber slat access  (Read 3593 times)

JoeHorkoff

Beachcomber slat access
« on: November 22, 2019, 02:44:26 pm »
Hi all.  I’ve recently received an older beachcomber hot tub and it’s leaking like crazy.  I’m a handy guy and from what I’ve found so far is the jet gaskets are failing.  My question is.... how the heck do you get into the sides of the tub?  All tounge and grooved 1 1/2 inch slats with no screws or starting point to remove.  Have it on it’s side with bottom off but can’t seem to find the weak link in the tub surround.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber slat access
« on: November 22, 2019, 02:44:26 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Beachcomber slat access
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:22:08 pm »
Hi all.  I’ve recently received an older beachcomber hot tub and it’s leaking like crazy.  I’m a handy guy and from what I’ve found so far is the jet gaskets are failing.  My question is.... how the heck do you get into the sides of the tub?  All tounge and grooved 1 1/2 inch slats with no screws or starting point to remove.  Have it on it’s side with bottom off but can’t seem to find the weak link in the tub surround.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't take the sides off. Access the jet backs by removing the foam and creating a path to the jets from the bottom. A hot foam knife helps here. Be sure to replace the foam with insulation of some sort.
Retired

ratchett

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 07:57:42 am »
Before you start digging, have you tried the StopLeak or seal-a-leak product for spa's?  Sometimes they can work wonders to fix a leak you cannot find easily.    Might be worth trying out before you tear things apart

JoeHorkoff

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 09:26:36 am »
I’ve tried the fix a leak.  Didn’t work.  I can see the jets that are loose and leaking but to do a proper job I feel I need to get in from the sides.  Bottom ones I can get from the bottom but right quarters are gonna prevent me from making sure I can do the top ones correctly.  So if anyone has had experience  with diss assembly of a beachcomber let me know where to start.  Thanks a bunch.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 09:26:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42