What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP! J-585 or Arctic Spa Tundra??  (Read 6313 times)

Prairieboy10

HELP! J-585 or Arctic Spa Tundra??
« on: November 12, 2019, 12:08:35 pm »
 First time buyer here. I've narrowed it down to those two models. Jacuzzi J-585 and Arctic Spa Tundra Epic.

-I live in a very cold climate.
-I want great jet pressure.
-Low maintenance (no salt however)
-Any feedback on the dealer in Saskatoon and the Arctic dealer in Regina? I am in Southern Sask.

The concern I have with the Jacuzzi is the door has no insulation, and they are built in Mexico vs Alberta. Not sure I like the empty cabinet in the Arctic however, thats alot of weight with no support.

Very vague I know, but I'm a rookie. Any help would be appreciated! I'd rather hear from owners vs dealers please.

Hot Tub Forum

HELP! J-585 or Arctic Spa Tundra??
« on: November 12, 2019, 12:08:35 pm »

ratchett

Re: HELP! J-585 or Arctic Spa Tundra??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 01:09:01 pm »
>Regina

"Fugget About It!" Hahaha. Sorry love that cartoon series, never heard of Regina, but now every time I hear it I think of that show's opening haha

Assuming both dealers are the same quality, I personally would vote for the Jacuzzi over anything Acrtic. 

HotTubs4Skis

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 08:43:26 pm »
Hey did you end up getting a decent deal? I'm looking to buy one now also.

swilly1000

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 11:43:48 am »
-I want great jet pressure

Master Twilight Series.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 11:51:29 am »

Master Twilight Series.

If you are going to throw out brands completely unrelated to the OP, then throw out the best in Jet pressure... like Marquis!

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 12:37:37 pm »
First time buyer here. I've narrowed it down to those two models. Jacuzzi J-585 and Arctic Spa Tundra Epic.

-Any feedback on the dealer in Saskatoon and the Arctic dealer in Regina? I am in Southern Sask.

The concern I have with the Jacuzzi is the door has no insulation, and they are built in Mexico vs Alberta. Not sure I like the empty cabinet in the Arctic however, thats alot of weight with no support.

Very vague I know, but I'm a rookie. Any help would be appreciated! I'd rather hear from owners vs dealers please.

Don't ever discount a brand based on the climate they are made in.  As a dealer (not Jacuzzi or Arctic) I think that is the most ridiculous statement when a customer tells me that.  Years ago I sold Coast Spas (made in Canada) and Coast had a partial foam option which IMO would be horrible in even a moderately cold climate. 

swilly1000

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 05:22:13 pm »

Master Twilight Series.

If you are going to throw out brands completely unrelated to the OP, then throw out the best in Jet pressure... like Marquis!

OP mentioned great jet pressure and I responded with a brand with that gives great jet pressure.  I wet tested Marquis and it did have really good pressure.  Evidently it's your opinion that Marquis is the best. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 02:46:30 pm »

I wouldn't put Jacuzzi ahead of Arctic, but this is a very personal thing as far as feel is concerned. Jacuzzi does have great "jet feel" which is a lot different than jet pressure, and more important. Arctic also has good "jet feel" what's right for you? We can't answer that.

If you want our opinion on fit and finish and longevity and energy efficiency we can give you our opinions based on our experience as sales guys and service guys and guys who have been around tubs a long time.

I like Arctic except........there molds are a bit confining for me (I like more open seating) They have been around a while and make a decent tub on par with any out there. They insulate differently which is good and bad.

I like Jacuzzi because, well, it's Jacuzzi, they have been around forever and have earned their reputation as solid. They have some proprietary parts that can be more difficult to get your hands on. Some say proprietary is bad, not me. Sometimes proprietary means better. They have worked hard to make their parts better than generic.

With a hot tub it's more whats feels good to you.
Retired

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 10:26:51 pm »
I sell neither brand.  My opinion...Jacuzzi.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

d00nut

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 04:48:18 pm »
Evidently it's your opinion that Marquis is the best.
I was just being a turd.  Just to provide some ying to your undying loyalty to Master.

I don't even sell Marquis  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 04:48:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42