What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2010 IQ2020 troubleshooting tips needed  (Read 2157 times)

Saxy

2010 IQ2020 troubleshooting tips needed
« on: December 03, 2019, 08:25:38 pm »
I have a 2010 Envoy.   Earlier this year my control board stopped working correctly.  Everything would would work except that I could not activate jet pump one or two (Heat, circ pump, control panel all worked normally).   The relays would click when I actvated the pumps on the control panel but the motors would not activate.   I was not getting 220 volts on the motor terminals.  I was advised by Watkins this indicated a control board failure and I would need to replace it. 

I finally got around to replacing the control board with a unit that was listed as a new / open box board.   The new board came as a complete unit with the housing, heater relay, and control board.   Installation seemed straigt forward.  The only modifications I had to make was my circulation pump had an inline fuse attached to the back of the box for the circulation pump.  I moved that over to the new control box.   I also had move over my i2c 8 port hub.

After installing the new board I flipped on the 20 and 30 amp breakers and nothing happened.  I have no sounds, no lights, and luckly no smoke :) .     I have checked voltages at the terminal block and I have  220 volts between terminal 1 and 4 and I have 220 between terminal 5 and 6.    With those reading i think that everything is hooked up the way it should be.    What is the best way for me to check voltages to ensure that I am getting voltage from heater relay board to the control board?   

The control board that I replaced was a version made in 2009 and the new one was made in 2011.  The boards look identical except that the original heater relay board has extra connecters at the top of the heater board for pillow lighting, but they were not used.   I intentially have jet pump one disconnected at the moment.   I would appreciate any comments or troubleshooting tips.   

Thanks.   

Hot Tub Forum

2010 IQ2020 troubleshooting tips needed
« on: December 03, 2019, 08:25:38 pm »

Saxy

Re: 2010 IQ2020 troubleshooting tips needed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:35:55 pm »
This morning I checked voltage going from the heater relay board to the main control board.  I am showing 220v on black and red wire and 120v between either the red and black when checking against the white neutral.   So I think I am getting correct voltage to control board as well.   

I am not getting any led lights illuminating on the control board either with or without the aux panel and contol panel plugged in.   

Any thing else I can try or is this most likely a bad board? 

Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

Re: 2010 IQ2020 troubleshooting tips needed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:35:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42