What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok, Hot Springs Questions.  (Read 7722 times)

shoemaker

Ok, Hot Springs Questions.
« on: November 01, 2004, 10:18:27 am »
So now you know we purchased a Hot Springs Envoy. I have 2 questions.

1. According to the Hot Springs Website this tub is "SpaAudio" ready. What does that mean exactly? I didin't see any connectors on the outside of the tub. (That doesn't mean they were not there, I just didn't see them)

2. They offered 3 different ways of water purification. Chlorine, Bromine, and something called "Fresh Water" ( I think that's what it was called). We went with the Fresh Water system. Can someone give me more information on that system?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Ok, Hot Springs Questions.
« on: November 01, 2004, 10:18:27 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Ok, Hot Springs Questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 10:41:52 am »
So now you know we purchased a Hot Springs Envoy. I have 2 questions.
So far . . .   ;)
1. According to the Hot Springs Website this tub is "SpaAudio" ready. What does that mean exactly? I didin't see any connectors on the outside of the tub. (That doesn't mean they were not there, I just didn't see them)
The sides of the spa have hubs bonded to the back of the shell in two places for the attachment of the drivers or "transducers."

There is a special place to put the amp - which is a huge thing! There is a set of conduits (actually just tubing) run here and there with pull strings already in place. These are for such things as the power cord to the amp, the transducer wires, and the control link wires.  The spa uses the same buttons already on the Aux panel to control the Spaudio - though the 'Navigator' remote also can control the system with better results.
2. They offered 3 different ways of water purification. Chlorine, Bromine, and something called "Fresh Water" ( I think that's what it was called). We went with the Fresh Water system. Can someone give me more information on that system?

Thanks.
The Freshwater system is a set of chemicals which are made by the folks who produce Liesure Time chems - but they are private-labled for HotSpring. This system is based on Dichlor and MPS for shock, and may or may not come with the N2 catridge. They work just fine, and I sell them for the same or less than LT. "Freshwater III" is the name of the ozone system - check to see if that's what you got. If so - you got about $400+ worth of goodies.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 10:46:29 am »
what Chas said.
Measure once, cut twice.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 10:53:46 am »
what Chas said.

You always say that. :) ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 10:54:19 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

shoemaker

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 10:56:43 am »
We got the upgraded Ozone - CD I believe is what it was called. He also threw in the Cartridge for this system and he upgraded the filters from the standard to the 3-D (X-3 I think it is called) filters.

We also got the steps, cover, lifter, the above chemicals, a hand held vacuum, a booster cushion (sp) for my wife, the GFCI (??) box, and delivery included.

Is this the Freshwater III system that you are talking about?

;)

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 11:10:29 am »
I have the Envoy with the Freshwater system.   This includes the ozonator and the Silver Ion cartridge.  The HS cartridge is the same as the Nature 2.

I was told to add 2 tbls of MPS before each use and shock with a 1.5 oz package of DiClor once a week.  So far water is clear after 2 months.  Still using the chems that the dealer supplied except for the MPS and the PH- which I've had to replenish.  

The Ion cartridge needs to be replace every 3-4 months at under $30.

I use SpaGuard Spa Shock for MPS and their Enhanced Shock for DiChlor.  Dealer provide a box of 1.5 oz packages but when I run out I'll buy a 2 or 4 lb. container and measure it out myself.  I'm collecting old film containers to put my pre-measured chems into for the winter.

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 11:16:12 am »
What I usually mean is: "What the hell did Chas say"?

It's just in simplist form it comes out "what Chas said"    kinda like "me hungry"

;D ;D

just kidding chas.  ( see, there it is again )
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 11:32:48 am »
We got the upgraded Ozone - CD I believe is what it was called. He also threw in the Cartridge for this system and he upgraded the filters from the standard to the 3-D (X-3 I think it is called) filters.

We also got the steps, cover, lifter, the above chemicals, a hand held vacuum, a booster cushion (sp) for my wife, the GFCI (??) box, and delivery included.

Is this the Freshwater III system that you are talking about?

;)

Oh U B stylin!! Yes, that's the full-boat system. Freshwater III ozone is great, and the fact they included the N2 catridge is very good. You have the ability to soak chlorine free, backed up with chlorine shocks once a month or after a group gets outa the tub. The ozone system doesn't require any bulbs or chips to be replaced - is supposed to go ten years.

Awesome!
;D

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 11:36:08 am »
“he upgraded the filters from the standard to the 3-D (X-3 I think it is called) filters.”

I thought they automatically came with the Envoy.  Any comments?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 11:39:34 am »
Oops. Yes - the Envoy does come standard with the Tri-X filters. That one snuck by...

Perhaps he meant - and you should ask for - an extra filter so you can rotate them. Even if they offer you a single regular (old style) filter, take it. You can put that filter on the circ pump and have an extra Tri-X to rotate on the other positions. The old-style filter is more than ample for the circ pump.

From the sound of it, you are getting a lot of nice extras - I have a strong feeling the dealer is trying to be sure your experience with the other company is not repeated....

shoemaker

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 12:03:00 pm »
Oops my bad.

You're right they X-3 filters were standard on that tub. He did give us an extra so we could rotate. We wet tested 4 tubs there and one had the standard filters, the Soverign maybe? or the Vangard?

It was a GREAT deal. Got all of the above for $7995.00 plus tax !

;D ;D ;D

shoemaker

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 12:48:24 pm »
Oh U B stylin!! Yes, that's the full-boat system. Freshwater III ozone is great, and the fact they included the N2 catridge is very good. You have the ability to soak chlorine free, backed up with chlorine shocks once a month or after a group gets outa the tub. The ozone system doesn't require any bulbs or chips to be replaced - is supposed to go ten years.

Awesome!
 ;D

Thanks Chas, we thought we got a very good deal. And my wife really can't stand the smell of chlorine. She thought it was dumb to have to take a shower after you get out of the spa because you smell like chlorine.
;D

salesdvl

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 12:59:47 pm »
She shouldnt have to shower after.  If you put the small amount of chlorine in after you get out by the time the next evening rolls around there wont be any chlorine left.  It will either get burned up in the process of killing something or get oxidized by the ozone.
Measure once, cut twice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 01:02:16 pm »
Shoe,
As Salesdvl states you DO need to use some chlorine. Put it in after use and it'll do its job and dissipate before your soak the next day. Don't be tempted by promises of using Nature 2 without chlorine, you'll end up with bath water isntead of spa water.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 01:07:34 pm »

Thanks Chas, we thought we got a very good deal. And my wife really can't stand the smell of chlorine. She thought it was dumb to have to take a shower after you get out of the spa because you smell like chlorine.
 ;D

shoe,
That sounds like a GREAT system with which you should be very happy.  

As a comment on your chlorine statements:  It sounds like you have been told some things re: proper chlorine management that just aren't  true.  A properly chlorinated tub does not smell like chlorine.  A tub that is in big need of a shock may smell like chlorine.  Weekly shocks prevent this.  Normally, if adding chlorine after soaking, one soaks in very little if any free chlorine....the only chlorine being what little bit has already combined with contaminants and are awaiting oxidation (shock).
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 01:07:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42