What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please help us decide between Bullfrog A8 and Hot Springs Grandee  (Read 5130 times)

Irina654

Hello all - I've been perusing this forum for a little while, trying to "soak" up all sorts of valuable information as my husband and I prepare to purchase our first hot tub. After looking at several brands and doing several wet tests, we have narrowed it down to the Bullfrog A8 and Hot Spring Grandee. Hoping someone has some advice which can help us with this decision.

Both are sold by reputable dealers not far from us. The prices would be pretty much equal (approx. $13700 before tax and after manufacturer's rebates - we live in CT, so high cost area)

The Bullfrog A8:
My husband's favorite because he really liked the Oscillator and Trio jetpacks on his back.
I thought it was good, but for me it was missing some leg therapy.
We both liked the foot dome in the center - it helped to anchor us in the seats, but the foot jets weren't particularly strong.
Dealer subcontracts with repairmen

The Hot Spring Grandee:
I loved it that it had powerful jets on the back as well as for the legs and feet; however, it doesn't have the foot dome which made it more difficult to stay in the seats for me - I had to stabilize myself by holding on to the little armrests to prevent from floating.
My husband didn't like the jets as much as on BF.
Dealer has repair guy on site.

At this point, my husband is ready to commit to the Bullfrog and says he would be less happy with the HS. I say I would be ok with the BF but I fear I would be wishing for more leg jets. However, we've never owned a hot tub so I don't know if I'm making too big of a deal out of it. Can anyone offer any insight?

Hot Tub Forum

CCC

Re: Please help us decide between Bullfrog A8 and Hot Springs Grandee
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 01:18:28 am »
I have had a Grandee for almost four years now. I never tested the Bullfrog. The tub has been rock-solid reliable. It is very nice aesthetically. It feels expensive. I do wish we had some kind of footwell. It can be a bit floaty. As far as leg jets, there are two foot jets in the floor. Nothing that awesome. You can sit on the wall and have the Moto-Massage run up and down your calves, that is kind of cool! Also, you can rest your back on the cool-down step and use the rotating jets on the bottom of your feet which is amazing. It is almost always just one or two of us in the tub. I am 6'4" and I like the depth, and I really like being able to spread out. On the rare occasions that we have guests, there is a lot of room.

I don't think you can't go wrong with the quality of a Hot Spring tub. I have heard nothing but good about Bullfrog, though.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 11:36:22 am »
I've had my Grandee for 2 years.  No issues on my personal tub.  I love the jets, but I am mostly a soaker.  I understand the appeal of the foot dome, but I don't have a problem staying in my seats.  I much rather have a more open area because I do plenty of stretching, but again, that is a personal thing.

I'd say the Grandee "feels" a bit bigger when I test soaked in each, but that's because it is bigger dimensionally.  ;)  If you have trouble staying in seats, I think the foot dome would be very beneficial

kimzhaa

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 10:08:38 am »

Both are sold by reputable dealers not far from us. The prices would be pretty much equal (approx. $13700 before tax and after manufacturer's rebates - we live in CT, so high cost area)

We are leaning towards the Grandee pending the wet test. We are in MA, and we are getting quoted a number far higher than this for the grandee. Can you please let me know what HS dealer in CT you talked to?

ratchett

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 01:31:39 pm »
Just took delivery of a 2019 HS Jetsetter a few weeks ago, the Grandee gets my vote!  It's a hell of a nice tub - just make sure you wet test before buying either one!

Also note I vote you do NOT get the salt system - stick with a circulation pump and ozonator!

Irina654

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 09:04:22 pm »
Thank you all for the replies.
To the post asking for the name of the dealer for Hot Springs, it was Reliable Pool & Spa in Naugatuck, CT http://www.reliablepools.com/ While we didn't wind up purchasing the tub from them, the dealer was fantastic as far as answering questions, setting up wet tests (we did 2). They have a great reputation for servicing the tubs, too.

We wound up going with the Bullfrog, mostly because it was the tub where we didn't float out of the seats - I think the foot dome is what made the difference there. We are expecting delivery the first week of January! Can't wait to try hot tubbing in the middle of this cold winter.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 12:23:31 pm »
Thank you all for the replies.
To the post asking for the name of the dealer for Hot Springs, it was Reliable Pool & Spa in Naugatuck, CT http://www.reliablepools.com/ While we didn't wind up purchasing the tub from them, the dealer was fantastic as far as answering questions, setting up wet tests (we did 2). They have a great reputation for servicing the tubs, too.

We wound up going with the Bullfrog, mostly because it was the tub where we didn't float out of the seats - I think the foot dome is what made the difference there. We are expecting delivery the first week of January! Can't wait to try hot tubbing in the middle of this cold winter.

Great Choice! Happy Soaking!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 12:23:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42