What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Tub Decision  (Read 6212 times)

schielrn

Marquis Tub Decision
« on: November 11, 2019, 03:16:15 pm »
Ok I had a post the other day and got most of my questions answered.  We have now wet tested 5 tubs and I believe we have narrowed it down to 2.  Based on price and anything else is the V84 worth the price difference and what will I get out of one compared to the other because these both felt the best to us in the wet test.  Is there anything I need to be considering that is vastly different between these two tubs?

2019 Vegas Elite - 7,499
2020 V84 - 8,199

I know the 2020 pricing makes the V84 a little more pricy, but is it worth the $700 difference in price to go to the V84 when they both felt good to us in the wet test?

Thanks for any input.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Tub Decision
« on: November 11, 2019, 03:16:15 pm »

castletonia

Re: Marquis Tub Decision
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 05:52:46 pm »
Those are really good prices on both spas.  Just curious, what options do they include?

In terms of "upgrades", the V84 gets you the 2nd filter and will offer you more control over your therapy.  Not 100% sure on this, but pretty sure the Celebrity Elite line only has a 2 year labor warranty instead of 3 year on the Vector21 and I believe pump 2 is only single speed instead of being a 2-speed.

I personally did not like how I fit when I dry tested a Vegas but did find the V84 to fit me well.  I never wet tested a Vegas but did the V84 and for me, it is my favorite of the Vector series.  All that being said, if the Vegas Elite offers you everything you want in a hot tub for $700 less than the V84, then I think you have your decision there.

schielrn

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:04:28 pm »
Thanks castletonia.

They both include the ozonator upgrade, but I think that is all as far as the upgrades from the standard.  That price does include steps, cover and delivery.  Does not include cover lift and it is $200 more to upgrade to the full foam.

We wet tested the V94 and the Epic since that was what they had filled.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:24:34 pm by schielrn »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 08:11:09 pm »
Same warranty and same pumps in both. Only downside to Cleebrity Elite is the topside controller. Very basic and kind of a pain to use. 2020 it will be different.

schielrn

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:24:09 pm »
Thanks hottubguy.  I can get the 2020 Vegas Elite for 7,999.  Would you say the controller would be worth spending the extra $500?  What type of controller does the V84 have compared to the type of controller in the Celebrity Elite.  This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for as I have never owned a hot tub before and not sure what topside controller means compared to what else is out there?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 10:10:09 pm »
I haven’t seen it yet. Think it will be on the next batch of tubs I get in (hoping anyway). V84 has a more modern looking controller but both will function basically the same. Hoping for 2020 it will me more user friendly. I look at it like this. The tub performs like a $10,000 tub (either of those 2 tubs in my opinion) but has a controller that looks like it belongs in a $2499 special from Costco (looks wise mainly the celebrity elite). Marquis must have heard that from other dealers besides just me because of the update for 2020. That being said I don’t think it’s worth spending $500 extra for that. It will just take a bit to get used too.

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 03:21:53 am »
Both of those tubs are nice, I personally really like the new design of the 2019 Vegas, which is going to be the same body style in 2020. Same warranty, insulation, and pumps as the V84.  The Vegas feels more roomier to me, even though both spas are 7’x7’.  We’ve been selling a lot of the Vegas and Vegas Elites because people are liking the high seats on the control side, and a variety of deeper seats throughout the rest of the tub. I think the 2019 controls are alright, they do the primary things you need to adjust - jets, lights, and temperature.  If you have to adjust settings it takes getting out the owners manual.  The 2020 model will have the same controller as the V84, just in a different shape I believe (don’t quote me on that because I haven’t seen one yet).

As far as the price, we are selling the Vegas Elite for $10,000+ with the options you mentioned, that is definitely a screaming deal.

schielrn

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 10:44:04 am »
Thanks Markee that is helpful.  I think we have decided on the Vegas Elite.  He only has two 2019 in stock which may be why he is trying to move them as I know he has an order for 9 more tubs to come in at some point in December.  My wife specifically wants the Vegas Elite over the V84 because it has cup holders lol.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 10:44:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42