What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BullFrog R6L Fresh Start  (Read 3202 times)

crc301

BullFrog R6L Fresh Start
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:30:42 pm »
My wife and I bought a home that came with a hot tub. It's a Bullfrog R6L. Not sure what year but I think 2013? Is there a way to tell from the serial number? The first two digits of the serial number are 15 (does that mean 2015?). I found a spa config sheet that has the following info on it:
  • Control Box: CONTROL, BOX, BFBP20, DOMESTIC 2013
  • Control Pad: R600 Classic Control Pad
  • Left Pump: 2.5HP 240V Pump 60Hz 2 speed (No right pump listed)
  • Accessories:
  • ---- LED Underwater Lighting
  • ---- WellSpring Circulation Pump

We just let it sit out there for 2 months without touching it so the water is pretty nasty I think. I went ahead and drained it and ordered new filters and some other parts that had shown some wear. There's still water left in the pipes; is there a way to get that water out? I have a shop vac; is that safe to use? Is there any other maintenance/cleaning I should do with the water drained?

I think I'm pretty set on starting out using the Frog @ease sanitizing system since it seems easy (don't care about the cost at this point but might in the future). I think I'll need some other chemicals too though? Is there a kit I can buy that contains all the chemicals I might need? Or can someone list all the chemicals I should I keep on hand?

Once I'm done cleaning it while its empty, I'll re-fill it with the garden hose. Do I need to let it warm up before I start getting the alkalinity and pH setup? Are there any other special things that need done at this stage?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

BullFrog R6L Fresh Start
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:30:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42