What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator - Is it worth replacing?  (Read 3644 times)

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
Ozonator - Is it worth replacing?
« on: October 28, 2019, 05:32:06 pm »
I have a 2005 Vanguard, I only use the tub over the winter months and as I get it ready for this season I was planing on buying a new Fresh Water Ozonator. The sales person at the store said they only last about a year? Is that true?

I have never replaced it. I do get bubbles out of the drain hole but I'm sure do to age its not producing ozone.

So how long will it last and in your opinion, is it worth it?

I use only dichlore and the silver ion cartridge. I have had great water ever since I went to this routine 10 plus years ago. I know I got the recipe here I just forget the member that came up with it.

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator - Is it worth replacing?
« on: October 28, 2019, 05:32:06 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Ozonator - Is it worth replacing?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 11:28:41 pm »
I have a 2005 Vanguard, I only use the tub over the winter months and as I get it ready for this season I was planing on buying a new Fresh Water Ozonator. The sales person at the store said they only last about a year? Is that true?

I have never replaced it. I do get bubbles out of the drain hole but I'm sure do to age its not producing ozone.

So how long will it last and in your opinion, is it worth it?

I use only dichlore and the silver ion cartridge. I have had great water ever since I went to this routine 10 plus years ago. I know I got the recipe here I just forget the member that came up with it.

I wouldn't replace it, it hasn't worked for years and you got the water right.
Retired

Dirk

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:13:26 pm »
Ozone generators lifespan is max 18 months
So yes it should be replaced

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:13:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42