What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lowering PH to 6.0 for 48 hours before draining  (Read 1797 times)

pclark

Lowering PH to 6.0 for 48 hours before draining
« on: October 13, 2019, 05:05:07 pm »
Hi, we have had our first hot tub, a Bullfrog A7 with saltwater system, for 1 year now and getting ready for first drain/refill.   I got some Ahh some purge to use also,  which I learned about after we filled it year ago.  I have a digital PH meter and I am thinking of lowering PH to about 6.0 for 48 hours and would like opinions on doing that.  I can't find post now but had read some people lowered PH to dissolve any calcium build up in plumbing.  I have really had no issues with water the last year but did have some white build up occasionally along water line that rubbed right off.  This was mostly until I learned how to keep PH under control.  My calcium level was initially at 300, but I plan to lower that on refill using some more soft water.  Anyway just wanted to get thoughts on the procedure of lowering PH when draining as a preventive measure for any buildup that might have occurred.  If so, is lowering to 6.0 for 48 hours sound good?  Thanks 

Hot Tub Forum

Lowering PH to 6.0 for 48 hours before draining
« on: October 13, 2019, 05:05:07 pm »

bud16415

Re: Lowering PH to 6.0 for 48 hours before draining
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 10:42:23 am »
I personally don’t think that amount or for that time would do anything. If your tub is only a year old there is anything to worry about.

I wouldn’t even use the purge product but that is me.

I have seen videos where someone bought an old tub and filled it and added 5-10 gallons of vinegar and let the jets run for a week or longer and got a lot of gunk out.

On the other hand I doubt what you are suggesting would hurt anything.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Lowering PH to 6.0 for 48 hours before draining
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 10:42:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42