What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Chelsee vs McKinley vs Edison  (Read 3586 times)

Hottubnewbie91

Sundance Chelsee vs McKinley vs Edison
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:10:10 pm »
Hello all!

This is my first hot tub purchase and I want to make sure I get a great price. I’m from Southeastern Massachusetts just to clarify. Today I went to a few different hot tub stores to get prices and I was pretty unimpressed after reading what people were paying for the same models in these forums.

I’ve narrowed it down to Sundance and I’m trying not to go over 10 grand (that’s my higher end). The store I went to gave me three prices
1. Sundance Chelsee- $12k
2. Sundance McKinley- no price but I’m guessing around 9k
3. Sundance Edison- He gave me a “special deal” of 7k but said originally it was a 9k model  ::)

I then called a place in New Hampshire and got respective prices of 10k, 8k and 8k. My question is do you think I will be able to negotiate any of these prices down? Are these New Hampshire prices much better? Should I spend the 10k and step up to the Chelsee or try to go with the McKinley. 

TYIA!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Chelsee vs McKinley vs Edison
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:10:10 pm »

silversun

Re: Sundance Chelsee vs McKinley vs Edison
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:03:37 am »
I am based in MA also, and was not impressed with the sundance dealer(s) in boston metro area. I bought from great bay in portsmouth after checking out two other dealers in NH. Overall i've had a very positive experience with them and the tub has been great.
my advice would be to try to go lower on the chelsee. you should be able to go into the 9k's. was very close to buying a chelsee before i decided on the optima.

Hottubnewbie91

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 05:24:44 pm »
Thank you!!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 06:19:07 pm »
Did you go to multiple Sundance dealers or multiple dealers in general?  I know where you went based on location but why not check out some other brands. Based on where you are located you have multiple good options in your area. Sounds like they were higher then the NH dealer on one tub and lower on another. What about the Sundance did you like?

silversun

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:25 am »
i had a lot of options and went to every dealer in the area. sundance, hot springs, marquis, jacuzzi, caldera, bullfrog. All the major brands. even master spas. I liked the design of the sundance w/ the predictable open layout (i have kids who jump/splash around) and center foot jetting. I also liked the UV + ozone combination but it was less of a factor - and honestly now they both feel like a liability.

I was actually leaning towards bullfrog when i visited great bay, and would have gone in that direction but ended up getting a better deal on a sundance.

what swung me to that dealer in particular was the professionalism and service. to me it felt like i would get the best service after the sale of all the sundance dealers in the area.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42