What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Baja Sport Tub Mystery Hose  (Read 3490 times)

Tcus86

Baja Sport Tub Mystery Hose
« on: December 23, 2019, 08:53:52 am »
So I got a $50 hot tub yesterday. Seems mostly functional. Seller said it runs. There is one hose that needs fixing and then this...

I can't quite figure out where it leads to...Mystery Hose. Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Baja Sport Tub Mystery Hose
« on: December 23, 2019, 08:53:52 am »

swilly1000

Re: Baja Sport Tub Mystery Hose
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 12:27:32 pm »
$50? Is that a typo?

If not, how about a little detail?  Put yourself in the reader's mind.  How is ANYONE supposed to help with that question?  Is this a hoax post? Lol

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 05:45:56 pm »
So I got a $50 hot tub yesterday. Seems mostly functional. Seller said it runs. There is one hose that needs fixing and then this...

I can't quite figure out where it leads to...Mystery Hose. Any thoughts?

Show us a picture of the hose or something. Air intake? Ozone intake? Drain?
Retired

Tcus86

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 07:29:21 am »
apologies, there was supposed to be a link to a photo attached when I did the post. This forum platform is kinda trash and archaic. No not a joke. $50. Five, zero. Half of one hundred. A tenth of $500. The question would be who would take the time to create hoax posts on a hot tub site? I suppose you'd have to be about as stupid as anyone who would assume so. So aside from rude comments let's see if anyone can identify.

https://ibb.co/Nt644r1

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 08:15:00 am »
Nailed it!

Ozone intake.
Retired

Tcus86

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 08:28:25 am »
Nailed it!

Ozone intake.

thanks, Tman. Unfortunately, I found a broken hose that broke and leads back to a manifold just off the filter housing. The hose broke at the manifold itself. It seems that unfortunately there isn't a lot of pipe to play with and thus a large section would need rebuilt. It's got me thinking that maybe there is other freeze damage so now I'm wondering if it is worth diving in to or not. Might have just purchased a $50 pump and heater that could be repurposed or sold.

I'm not a spa guy, but seems like trying to rebuild or refurbish these foam insulated tubs is likely a chore I don't want to get into.

swilly1000

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 09:56:05 am »
This forum platform is kinda trash and archaic.https://ibb.co/Nt644r1

Not the forum, just me.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 11:43:43 am »
Nailed it!

Ozone intake.

thanks, Tman. Unfortunately, I found a broken hose that broke and leads back to a manifold just off the filter housing. The hose broke at the manifold itself. It seems that unfortunately there isn't a lot of pipe to play with and thus a large section would need rebuilt. It's got me thinking that maybe there is other freeze damage so now I'm wondering if it is worth diving in to or not. Might have just purchased a $50 pump and heater that could be repurposed or sold.

I'm not a spa guy, but seems like trying to rebuild or refurbish these foam insulated tubs is likely a chore I don't want to get into.

this is common, people list 'cheap hot tub $50' in reality you are paying to take away their garbage so they don't have to pay someone $250-$400 to pick it up and dispose of it...that said if you can visually 'see' where the leak is coming from without having to remove all the side panels and ton of foam it might be worth it to fix assuming the heater, pumps(s) and everything else works. Good Luck!

Tcus86

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 09:11:30 pm »
Looks like I got lucky. Pump, heater works. 3-4 small leaks around old pipe repairs/joints, and a couple jets. Likely just a little pvc/hose rebuilding and maybe some gaskets.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 09:11:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42