What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian South Seas 860 vs Vita Envie vs Maax R80  (Read 4267 times)

Hottubtime

Artesian South Seas 860 vs Vita Envie vs Maax R80
« on: October 04, 2019, 05:09:13 pm »
These are my three I’ve narrowed it down to with a decision that has to be made soon! Trying to keep my price range between $7k-$8500. I’m looking at the 91-93” tubs with a lounger. I could probably go with a 82-83” or so but every time I get in them, I feel as though if it’s over two people in there, all your feet are basically on top of each other at bottom of tub. Maybe I’m wrong? Also, the Bluetooth sound system won’t speaker/subwoofer is a very attractive option, but would you say it’s with it for an extra $500? Would like opinions there.

South Seas 860 $7,995 vs Vita Envie $7,995 vs Maax R80 $8495

Price may be a little negotiable I haven’t tried any magic there yet but these are posted price

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian South Seas 860 vs Vita Envie vs Maax R80
« on: October 04, 2019, 05:09:13 pm »

swilly1000

Re: Artesian South Seas 860 vs Vita Envie vs Maax R80
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 08:09:45 pm »
Search posts in this forum and you will find that most people, including me, think very little of on-board audio in a tub.  Overpriced low quality and almost sure to break down.  Use an external sound system.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 01:47:59 pm »
That's a good price on the Artesian if it includes delivery, cover lift, ozone, etc.  I personally think the Artesian is the better choice but I'm also biased and sell them.  They are most certainly insulated better, which is my big complaint about Vita/Maax. They somehow want to convince people that less insulation is better?  Also, I'm not a fan of that metal frame.  There are worse out there but I think the Artesian is a better quality spa than the other 2.

Also, as swilly said, skip the built-in stereo. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 05:09:51 pm »
I don’t see any of them. Out of those options I think the Artesian is best built. I think Maax makes a decent tub but they aren’t insulated very well. Skip audio, not worth it in my opinion on any brand spa

Hottubtime

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 05:11:18 am »
It’s funny because the local Vita/Max dealer really tries selling you on the advancement in insulation on their tubs but everyone on here says it is crap.

I can see all your points about skipping the sound option. Just seems convenient to have the music feature right there in the tub versus other options. Still figuring that one out.

Dry tested the South Seas today...decision coming soon...

swilly1000

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 09:51:48 am »
I can see all your points about skipping the sound option. Just seems convenient to have the music feature right there in the tub versus other options. Still figuring that one out.

Might seem convenient but you will regret it if you get it.

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 11:38:18 am »

Might seem convenient but you will regret it if you get it.

Maax has never had great insulation and unfortunately when they bought Vita, Vita became the same way.  As a dealer, I try to not sell stereos.  Yes they are convenient, but the value in my opinion is poor and the expected reliability is not great. 

Sam

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 03:55:11 pm »
It’s funny because the local Vita/Max dealer really tries selling you on the advancement in insulation on their tubs but everyone on here says it is crap.

Dry tested the South Seas today...decision coming soon...

Full foam is expensive.  Especially if you do it right.  The r-value of that vita/maax insulation is significantly less than a full foam hot tub.  It's also a lot less expensive to do.

Hottubtime

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 06:10:15 pm »
Wet tested the South Seas....very nice! Jets strong and everywhere I needed. Has anyone tried the Vita Envie or Maax? Is it worth trying them out. And thanks for the opinion on stereos. They sound so nice but everyone seems to believe they break easily.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 01:38:09 pm »
Don't get a built-in stereo. They just do not last and they are overpriced in a hot tub.  Get a Logitech waterproof Boom speaker.  They sound great and are reasonably priced.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 01:59:16 pm »
Wet tested the South Seas....very nice! Jets strong and everywhere I needed. Has anyone tried the Vita Envie or Maax? Is it worth trying them out. And thanks for the opinion on stereos. They sound so nice but everyone seems to believe they break easily.

its not just a belief.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 01:59:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42