What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MS MP LSX900 - My Review after Day 2 - The Mother of Dragons  (Read 2437 times)

NBonugli

MS MP LSX900 - My Review after Day 2 - The Mother of Dragons
« on: October 24, 2019, 01:13:19 pm »
Last night was the second time trying out the tub (MS MP LSX900) and boy am I pleased with the jet power.
I got a real chance to start messing around with the diverter valves and positioning the jet heads just the right way...this thing is pretty
bad a@$ in comparison to everything else I wet tested...and I spent close to 6 mo's trying all sorts of different tubs from different manufacturer's.
I'm not embellishing...I'm not BS'ing...I'm just giving my honest 2 cents here based on my experiences.

Every seat in this tub is setup to do a little bit different grade of therapy...Do I have a favorite seat you may ask? Nope...I love them all.
The foot well blaster jets...are something else. The hip jets in position 1...man are they good. The neck jets in position 2 & the lounger are
pretty damn awesome as well. I have everything turned up to max output...air...and water flow through the jets...it feels like someone is powerwashing
my back with a pressure washer...but it can be toned down easily for people like my wife and 10 year old  Pretty damn awesome. Currently have the temp set at 102/103 just the perfect temp for me.

The only real thing that I'm trying to get a handle on is why my ppm chlorine levels went from acceptable levels down to .5 in a day. The PH/alkalinity/hardness
are all set. The only thing I can think of is that I added in addition above and beyond the normal "startup chems" are a bottle of spa marvel...and some oxidizing shock.
Maybe the ozone system in the tub is destroying/eliminating the chlorine..I'm thinking its that. I have a floater..but I need to pickup some chlor tabs and maybe let that
thing float around when the tub isn't in use to bring the chlorine levels up to a more consistent basis.

What else can I say

Hot Tub Forum

MS MP LSX900 - My Review after Day 2 - The Mother of Dragons
« on: October 24, 2019, 01:13:19 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: MS MP LSX900 - My Review after Day 2 - The Mother of Dragons
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:49:40 pm »
Last night was the second time trying out the tub (MS MP LSX900) and boy am I pleased with the jet power.
I got a real chance to start messing around with the diverter valves and positioning the jet heads just the right way...this thing is pretty
bad a@$ in comparison to everything else I wet tested...and I spent close to 6 mo's trying all sorts of different tubs from different manufacturer's.
I'm not embellishing...I'm not BS'ing...I'm just giving my honest 2 cents here based on my experiences.

Every seat in this tub is setup to do a little bit different grade of therapy...Do I have a favorite seat you may ask? Nope...I love them all.
The foot well blaster jets...are something else. The hip jets in position 1...man are they good. The neck jets in position 2 & the lounger are
pretty damn awesome as well. I have everything turned up to max output...air...and water flow through the jets...it feels like someone is powerwashing
my back with a pressure washer...but it can be toned down easily for people like my wife and 10 year old  Pretty damn awesome. Currently have the temp set at 102/103 just the perfect temp for me.

The only real thing that I'm trying to get a handle on is why my ppm chlorine levels went from acceptable levels down to .5 in a day. The PH/alkalinity/hardness
are all set. The only thing I can think of is that I added in addition above and beyond the normal "startup chems" are a bottle of spa marvel...and some oxidizing shock.
Maybe the ozone system in the tub is destroying/eliminating the chlorine..I'm thinking its that. I have a floater..but I need to pickup some chlor tabs and maybe let that
thing float around when the tub isn't in use to bring the chlorine levels up to a more consistent basis.

What else can I say

This is why wet testing is so important. It may feel good to one but itchy to another. Chlorine breaks down and disipates. And a floater with trichlor? Bad idea.........
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 05:15:04 pm »
Warranty is void if:
 Damage caused by unapproved sanitizers such as calcium hypochlorite, sodium hydroxide,
“tri-chlor” type chlorines or any sanitizing chemical that may remain undissolved on the spa
surface

Straight from the owners manual of Master Spas.  Tablet chlorine is Tri-Chlor. 

Other than that, glad it's working out for you!  Don't destroy it though...

swilly1000

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 05:52:10 am »
That's awesome! I knew you would be super-satisfied with those jets. They are da bomb fo' shizzle!

You are just two days in....believe me you have lots more to discover in the coming days and weeks. It took me many weeks before I figured them all out e.g. it was several months before I got the captain's chair tuned up perfectly.  At first the neck and shoulders jets were splashing and annoying me to the point I turned them off and even avoided that chair (I'm tall and I figured it just wasn't going to happened for me in that chair).  Then one day I stumbled on a perfect setup  and have loved it ever since with the neck shoulder jets on.  You're totally right about how each seat provides something a bit different and that they are all great in different ways..

Don't worry about the chlorine readings when using Spa Marvel. I don't know the science behind it but I remember Chris Wheatley saying that chlorine readings drop to near zero with Spa Marvel.  That happened for me too.  I add between a teaspoon to tablespoon (very touchy feely) of dichlor after each soak and shock once a week 'ish and it's all good.  I test the water every 7-10 days (don't micro-manage the water balance) and have learned to keep the ph/alk/hardness in line with few chemical interventions.  The chlorine always reads at or near zero in the test strips but I know it's doing it's job.

Again so awesome to hear of another satisfied Master spa owner.  They have to be doing something right and you discovered it.  Was beginning to feel like I am on an island by myself until Holgmi585281 and you came along.

Pro tips: turn around and get those foot blaster jets on your lower back. You just float on that power and go straight to Heaven! And turn off the pump before turning those diverter valves, especially when it gets cold. I cracked a diverter in the dead of winter making that mistake. There's too much water power flowing for the valve to handle when being turned.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 06:21:07 am by swilly1000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 05:52:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42