What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limited Local Choices - Advice on options? (between Nordic, Aspen, and Marquis)  (Read 3945 times)

bigshotbantam

HI all!
I've been in a time or two before, but haven't taken the leap yet. (Built a garage with my hot tub money last year.  :P )

Anyway, I'm in the rural, flyover, coyotes-howl-at-night USA, so while people on the coast are enjoying their many, many dealer options, I have very few choices.  I want a small tub with good jets, and a lounger.  Mainly for general sore muscles.  We farm and run marathons, so we're pretty achy sometimes.  Just for kicks, we're also 5'3 and 6'5 tall. 

The 3 local options are:
Within 10 miles: Aspen Quattro - Like that it's 34 inches deep, made in Missouri, not otherwise familiar, Not on display at store.
                        Marquis Nashville - Respected brand, much smaller tub, 29 inches deep, Not on floor - never seen.
Within 30 miles: Nordic Stella - Solid reputation, also 34 inches deep, dealer was nice.  Nordics on floor, no Stella I could see.
Available but not interested:
                             Maax (now AW) - same dealer as Nordic, scared of this brands service problems.
                             Hot Spring - Tub is supposed to be great, but dealer reputation is pretty terrible. Inclined to avoid.
                             Big Box Stores - I'd just rather not

So I've not been able to see any of the 3 in person.  Any would have to be ordered.  Based on your expertise, if you were in my situation, but with your better knowledge of hot tubs, what would you do here and why?  Price-wise how will they (roughly) compare to each other?  Is there a different avenue I should try?

P.S.  Have a level concrete pad and 220 already in place. Much prefer to avoid 110 because I want better jets and water that stays hot even with jets on.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:02:05 pm by bigshotbantam »

Hot Tub Forum

swilly1000

It's  a significant investment and it will take up a lot of space.  You want to ensure you will like it.  WET TEST!! Make a weekend road trip out of it if necessary.  It's worth it especially with your respective heights.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
It's  a significant investment and it will take up a lot of space.  You want to ensure you will like it.  WET TEST!! Make a weekend road trip out of it if necessary.  It's worth it especially with your respective heights.

Very key point. I'm 5'9" and my wife is 5'1½" and just that difference is noticeable as to what parts of a spa work well for me vs what she can even use comfortably. With your height disparity you will REALLY want to wet test to be sure you get a spa that at least has parts that work for both of you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Did the Marquis dealer have a Spirit on floor?  That’s another good one to try. Thing that will fit you better then a Nashville. At the Nordic dealer did they have a Encore on display?  The lounge and 2 seats next to lounge will be the same. Can’t help
With Aspen have never seen one.

castletonia

I would 2nd the Marquis Spirit.  I would even look into either the V77L or Broadway Elite by Marquis as well.

The Wizard of Spas

As I work at the Aspen Spas factory here in St. Louis, MO, of course I am going to champion the Quattro ES. 

I like the ergonomics of the "no-float" lounger and the ES version of it has (2) dual-speed motors, (2) 70GPM volcano jets for the feet, and a full 5 year warranty parts and labor.  The full ABS pan base is a nice feature, and the phone app, touch screen controls, and 3-zone in.mix lighting are neat if you like that stuff (but really not required).  If you don't want as many jets or motors, there are single pump options of 10 amps and 30 jets or 8 amps and 24 jets, fyi.

But all that aside - I actually own a Quattro ES so I am not just a honk for it, I chose it personally as my spa.

Happy to answer any questions for you here, via direct message, or email (dan@aspenspas.com). 

BTW - Marquis is a great brand and I have personally sold them at previous jobs so you're in good hands with them.  While I haven't dealt directly with Nordic Spas, I have a few dealers who speak highly of them. 

I'd trust your gut on the box stores, and the dealers with poor reputations also. 

Thanks for letting me chime in!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
As I work at the Aspen Spas factory here in St. Louis, MO, of course I am going to champion the Quattro ES. 

I like the ergonomics of the "no-float" lounger and the ES version of it has (2) dual-speed motors, (2) 70GPM volcano jets for the feet, and a full 5 year warranty parts and labor.  The full ABS pan base is a nice feature, and the phone app, touch screen controls, and 3-zone in.mix lighting are neat if you like that stuff (but really not required).  If you don't want as many jets or motors, there are single pump options of 10 amps and 30 jets or 8 amps and 24 jets, fyi.

But all that aside - I actually own a Quattro ES so I am not just a honk for it, I chose it personally as my spa.

Of subject here but are you guys displaying in New orleans or Atlantic City trade shows this fall or winter?  Love to see what you guys are all about

Happy to answer any questions for you here, via direct message, or email (dan@aspenspas.com). 

BTW - Marquis is a great brand and I have personally sold them at previous jobs so you're in good hands with them.  While I haven't dealt directly with Nordic Spas, I have a few dealers who speak highly of them. 

I'd trust your gut on the box stores, and the dealers with poor reputations also. 

Thanks for letting me chime in!

bigshotbantam

Thank you, all of you.  I had not seen the Marquis Spirit, and it really wasn't even on our radar, but looking at it online it does seem like a much better option for us than the Nashville.  I will go back to that dealer and inquire about that particular model.  They had another, quite large Marquis on the floor, and an Aspen too, but both were far too large for us, so we haven't wet-tested.  How common is that problem? and what can I reasonably ask a dealer to do about it?

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42