What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite - Optix AOP or not? 1 or 2 filters?  (Read 2651 times)

uofmrapper

Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite - Optix AOP or not? 1 or 2 filters?
« on: September 29, 2019, 12:07:42 am »
Hi all - so I'm about to pull the trigger on the Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite but trying to determine if I should add the "Optix AOP" system.

I can find the following details online about it: "The Optix AOP sanitation lamp is fully serviceable, eliminating the need for AOP unit replacement. Indicator LEDs change colors to provide an alert for the need to replace the UV-C sanitation lamp. The AOP unit utilizes a dedicated Corona Discharge (CD) ozone generator in conjunction with UV-C to provide a highly effective sanitation process."

I've read on here about UV and Ozone and it seems like the verdict is 'meh'.  As long as you make sure your UV bulb is still good and the" chip" in the ozonator is good then you "should" be getting cleaner water and need less chemicals. If I've gotten that wrong please correct me! It's another $399 so not sure it is worth it or not.

Other upgrade options are the Frog @ease and the O3 Infusing Chamber.  I've read on here reviews for the Frog system and with a larger tub it may not be worth it as you run through the cartridges pretty fast so I'm planning to skip out on that. As far as the O3 Infusing Chamber, the Elite version says it comes with an ozonator (which should already have a Chamber right?) and circulation pump already so I don't see the need for this either.  Agreed?

Also the sales guy has confirmed it has 2 filters even though all pictures I see online only show 1 (unfortunately they don't have any in stock to see so or try in person). Can anyone say for sure?

Thanks all!

Hot Tub Forum

Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite - Optix AOP or not? 1 or 2 filters?
« on: September 29, 2019, 12:07:42 am »

fraff2

Re: Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite - Optix AOP or not? 1 or 2 filters?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:04:49 am »
Hi,
Sorry, Just saw this message as I have not been on the forum in months. To date I love my Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite. I do have 2 filters, frog@ease. Only problem I have is setting the controls is confusing at times. Lately I have found the temperature drops if not used in a week or so. Do not know if I have something set wrong or what. I live in NJ so cold winter, and try to keep it at 100 or so. And I do go through a lot of cartridges. I started using a shock 1x a week (or more if used more the 2-3x a week).
Did you buy and what is your experience.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Tropic Seas Tahiti Elite - Optix AOP or not? 1 or 2 filters?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:04:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42