What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning/draining tool  (Read 32722 times)

NinjaDog

Cleaning/draining tool
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:26:51 pm »
I used to work maintenance at a hotel and they had a really great tool for cleaning debris like sand out of the bottom of hot tubs and could also be used for the times I needed to drain some water as well.
It consisted of a rigid tube maybe 1/2" thick and like 3' long with a marble on one side and a flexible hose on the other. The way it worked was you do like a repeated stabbing motion under water and the marble would allow water into the tube on the downstroke and prevent water from leaking out on the upstroke eventually the water would  fill the tube and start flowing as if one siphoned water with a hose.

I can't for the life of me find the name or any info on google searches. Seeing if anyone know what I'm talking about here?

It's not the Spa Wand with the plunger type stick which keeps coming up on my searches.

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning/draining tool
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:26:51 pm »

ratchett

Re: Cleaning/draining tool
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 10:31:47 pm »
Bit late to the party, but what you're thinking of is called a "shaker siphon"

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 06:27:22 pm »
I have a 4’ piece of 2” pvc pipe connected to 8’ long corrugated pool 2” pool hose. All DIY. I just throw the whole thing in the tub filling it with water and then toss the hose end out of the tub starting a siphon. It drains the tub fast or I can use it to suck up the bottom and then just replace the water.

I also do partial fills sometime to prolong the water life.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 06:27:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42