What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs 2018 Aria versus Hot Springs 2019 Flair  (Read 4632 times)

WarmWaterOasis

Hot Springs 2018 Aria versus Hot Springs 2019 Flair
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:57:39 am »
I am in the market for a new tub with a lounger with a budget of right around $10k. I just went to my local Hot Springs dealer and was very impressed with their offerings. They quoted me $9,975 for the 2019 Flair without the speakers and it would be an additional $600 for the speakers (which is a feature I want). Additionally, they said they have a 2018 Aria which already has the speakers included in their warehouse (which I haven’t seen yet) and said they would take $9,685 for that. These prices are all before taxes, FYI. I am curious on thoughts on comparing these two tubs at these price points. The Aria appears to have retailed for around $4k+ more than they’re asking but it looks like the interior lighting is better in the Flair (which I do really like — again haven’t seen Aria in person). I am not sure if the ‘special’ back jet in the Aria lounger is really that magical or not. It will mainly be myself (6’4”) and my girlfriend (5’10”) in the tub and we may have another couple in there every once in a while as well but that’s it. Which would you choose / recommend between these two options? Also, do you think we would be able to negotiate either model down even more with a cash offer? Having a hard time trying to decide between these on what is better deal and was hoping some of you own one or both of these or a dealer could chime in with an honest opinion. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much! Also, Feel free to throw in additional recommendations if someone feels so inclined (obviously that would be very similar to the features/styles/size of these two).

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs 2018 Aria versus Hot Springs 2019 Flair
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:57:39 am »

d00nut

Re: Hot Springs 2018 Aria versus Hot Springs 2019 Flair
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 12:53:42 pm »
The Aria is a killer blow out deal.  On the Flair, for the additional $600, I would verify that that price includes the full music system, not just the speakers.

Music aside, I'd go with the Aria.  Personal preference of course, but that's a crazy good deal, even if it's 2018.  It is worth noting that if you are going with the salt system, the 2019 Flair will have the new Freshwater Salt System which is essentially the same thing as the old ACE system... just a lot cheaper (therefore better.)

Normally when people are comparing the Flair and the Aria, the price decides it for them... whether they want to go that bells and whistle route or stay a little more economical.  That's not the case here.  In which case, I will say that the lounge on the Aria is a little more universal.  More people fit in that lounge... whereas the Flair is kind of geared towards taller people... which might be a good option for you!

Qrose

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:13:21 pm »
I don’t know anything about the Flair but have a 2019 Aria. Love everything about it and that is an awesome price.  I love the lights on the Aria and the waterfall, which I thought I’d never use, is my favorite nighttime feature.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 02:36:29 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   Two good choices, let us know how it works out for you.   At least your not 2 feet taller than your girlfriend, that can make hottubing difficult.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

WarmWaterOasis

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 10:22:14 pm »
Thanks for the replies, everyone!  Just an update -- We ended up going with the 2019 Flair primarily due to the lounger on the Aria.  It definitely felt more cramped for both of us than the Flair, which was disappointing considering how good of a deal the Aria seemed to be after doing some research.  Either way, we are VERY excited to be able to get it home!  It's going to be around 3-4 weeks with concrete pad installation and letting the pad cure properly.  We did end up getting the speakers/bluetooth/subwoofer but declined the dealer installed salt system mainly due to price at this point in time.  As many of you already know, having a concrete pad poured and electrical installed definitely adds a sizable amount to the all-in purchase of a new tub! 

I am curious if any of you with 2019 models or the Hot Springs dealers out there know of any additional options on converting over to the Freshwater Salt System at a later date.  Is it an option to buy third-party salt cartridges somewhere other than my local dealer?  Or is there any way I may be able to score the install kit at a lower price down the road due to sales (or something similar) than what was quoted to me in-store?  Let me know if any of you have any thoughts on that!  If any dealers could provide some insight into how I may be able to negotiate a lower price on the install kit later on, I'm all ears!  Curious as to what some of you could do on bottom-dollar cost of the "starter kit".  Thanks again for all the help!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 11:02:45 pm »
How much were they charging for it?  It’s proprietary to Watkins (Hot Springs/Caldera) so other then those two places/dealerships it won’t be available elsewhere

WarmWaterOasis

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 11:07:08 pm »
If I remember right, it was about $1,200 additional.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 11:09:06 pm »
For a 2019 version and not the ace system from before?  What did that include?

WarmWaterOasis

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 11:23:02 pm »
Well, now you're making me second guess myself!  I wonder if I am getting mixed up on the $1,200 from what they said it would be to add that on the 2018 Aria.  Can any dealers let me know what you think I could negotiate to on the freshwater system for 2019 Flair?  I am going to have to look into this ASAP as I could very well have had it in my mind that the $1,200 was for both the 2018 Aria and 2019 Flair I was looking at.  I ended up telling them I didn't want it due to cost but I think I may be mistaken.  It looks like from what I could find online and feedback from someone else it may be $399 for the 2019?  If so, anyone been able to negotiate that down at all at time of purchase?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 11:26:58 pm »
I usually just price into the price of the tub. Separately I would charge $350 or so

swilly1000

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 12:11:26 am »
Well, now you're making me second guess myself!  I wonder if I am getting mixed up on the $1,200 from what they said it would be to add that on the 2018 Aria.  Can any dealers let me know what you think I could negotiate to on the freshwater system for 2019 Flair?  I am going to have to look into this ASAP as I could very well have had it in my mind that the $1,200 was for both the 2018 Aria and 2019 Flair I was looking at.  I ended up telling them I didn't want it due to cost but I think I may be mistaken.  It looks like from what I could find online and feedback from someone else it may be $399 for the 2019?  If so, anyone been able to negotiate that down at all at time of purchase?

Get a grip. Lol

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 12:47:15 pm »

Get a grip. Lol

Sounds like the consumer may be realizing they may be confused regarding what they've perceived and is looking for some further info and this is your response? Where does this response come from?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

WarmWaterOasis

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 08:13:51 pm »

Get a grip. Lol

Sounds like the consumer may be realizing they may be confused regarding what they've perceived and is looking for some further info and this is your response? Where does this response come from?

I was indeed mistaken regarding the pricing difference between the 2018 and 2019 salt options and only looking for clarification before I had a chance to talk to the dealer again.  Appreciate the help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 08:13:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42