What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Heating problem  (Read 2175 times)

Napertucky

Heating problem
« on: September 05, 2019, 05:15:01 pm »
Hi, I’m new here and some what new to tubs. The issue I’m having is that when I drained, filled ,and restarted my tub, it heated up and turned off the motor perfectly. Then when the temp went down, only the motor turned on to heat it up again. The heater light does not turn on either. I disconnected it from power for a minute, and when I turned it on again, it did the same thing. There are no codes. Ive replaced the element and the thermostat/high limit sensors. It’s a Balboa system. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Heating problem
« on: September 05, 2019, 05:15:01 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Heating problem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 07:42:30 am »
Hi, I’m new here and some what new to tubs. The issue I’m having is that when I drained, filled ,and restarted my tub, it heated up and turned off the motor perfectly. Then when the temp went down, only the motor turned on to heat it up again. The heater light does not turn on either. I disconnected it from power for a minute, and when I turned it on again, it did the same thing. There are no codes. Ive replaced the element and the thermostat/high limit sensors. It’s a Balboa system. Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you replaced the thermostat that's in the tub?
Retired

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 09:19:46 am »
What mode is it in?

How long did you let the spa run before shutting it off?

What was the spa set at?  How low did you let it go before turning it off and on?

If you turn the pump on manually, does the heater come on?

Napertucky

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 02:18:20 pm »
It is in normal mode I think. I let it run about two days before I noticed it wasn’t heating. The motor was running on low, but no heat after initially heating up to 100. The pump does not shut off. It stays on low. I think the board is telling it to heat, but not turning on the heater.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 02:18:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42