What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Trio vs Oscillator jetpacks  (Read 8218 times)

vadim

Bullfrog Trio vs Oscillator jetpacks
« on: August 27, 2019, 12:26:22 am »
We are just about to order either R6L or A6L ... and boils down to how many jetpacks we want.   Unfortunately we have no place to test them.  I am particularly confused by Oscillator jetpack and the newer Trio jetpack.  They use similar jets but in different configurations.   Can anybody please share their experience with either one of them?  both of them?

Other jetpacks we are considering are NeckMasseuse, Wellness, and DeepRelief.  Any comments or advice would be very welcome.   

Thank you in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Trio vs Oscillator jetpacks
« on: August 27, 2019, 12:26:22 am »

BravoRomeo

Re: Bullfrog Trio vs Oscillator jetpacks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 10:36:45 am »
After an extensive wet test of jet packs we ordered the Trio, Neck Masseuse, and Rain Shower for our A5L. They are all great.

The Trio really does a nice “full back” massage on both sides of the back, and is my favorite. It reminds me of my old Hot Springs Moto-Massage, but significantly improved. 

The Neck Masseuse is great on the shoulder blades, neck, and top of the shoulders. With some repositioning, you can expand the areas. Since it has a shelf that goes up and over your shoulders, you’ll want to experiment with which seat it works best in for you depending on your trunk height. Also, if you let your water level get too low, the neck jets can make a lot of noise and even splash water overboard at full blast. I like that they can be turned down or off independent from the back jets on that pack, making that a dual use pack.

Rain Shower is like standing in the shower, but under water. Completely different experience from the deep massage jet packs.

Good luck. In the end, the neutral buoyancy and circulating warm water are the primary therapies, while the jet massage is great for a few minutes at a time. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the packs, but you may prefer some more than others.

vadim

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 07:51:58 pm »
BravoRomeo,  thank you very much for your reply.   Very helpful.   

vadim

Buying BullFrog R6L
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 12:06:14 pm »
So we decided on R6L with Wellness, NeckMasseusse, and Trio.   These three seem to cover most of the jets we were interested in ...  and paying another $1700 for A6L seems like a stretch to get an extra seat, improved control panel, and an extra jets button (we do not care about lighting at all).   I wish there were better choices in the shell material/colors.   The smooth colors are nice, but look very slippery and may be hard to maintain.  And there is only one textured surface - granite - not particularly attractive, but may have to do.

BTW,  Bullfrog is also offering rebates through Labor day $300 for R6L and $600 on A6L at the dealer I am purchasing from.   

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Buying BullFrog R6L
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 01:34:01 pm »
So we decided on R6L with Wellness, NeckMasseusse, and Trio.   These three seem to cover most of the jets we were interested in ...  and paying another $1700 for A6L seems like a stretch to get an extra seat, improved control panel, and an extra jets button (we do not care about lighting at all).   I wish there were better choices in the shell material/colors.   The smooth colors are nice, but look very slippery and may be hard to maintain.  And there is only one textured surface - granite - not particularly attractive, but may have to do.

BTW,  Bullfrog is also offering rebates through Labor day $300 for R6L and $600 on A6L at the dealer I am purchasing from.

Good choices, Wellness has always been one of my absolute favs, the newly released Trio is also amazing so you have made some good choices, also just an FYI for anyone who may be reading...The A-Series gets you: 1 Extra JetPak, Touchscreen Control Upgrade, Auxiliary Button to operate the pump(s), Exterior Lighting, 1 Piece pillows, Cabinet Upgrades available, slightly fancier waterfall...You're going to love the spa!

vadim

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 03:41:26 pm »
Thank you BullFrogSpasMN.   One thing I am confused is whether the JetPaks themselves are different on R and A series.   It seems that they can come black, color matched, ... and some have stainless steel trim?   Does it matter? 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 08:03:41 pm »
Thank you BullFrogSpasMN.   One thing I am confused is whether the JetPaks themselves are different on R and A series.   It seems that they can come black, color matched, ... and some have stainless steel trim?   Does it matter?

It will effect the price a little but in my opinion the coloring matching jetpaks + stainless steel jets are the way to go, it looks the best

Sam

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 11:38:35 am »

The all black ones are ABS instead of acrylic.  You cannot get any of the neck jetpaks in abs.  Definitely do acrylic match.  I'm not personally sold on stainless because it's just the trim that's stainless and there is an added cost for it.  It does look nicer but it's under water and you don't see it very much.  Just my personal opinion. 

vadim

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 07:10:32 pm »
Thank you, Sam.    Confirmed with my dealer who apparently had exactly the same opinion and confirmed that the original quote included the jetpaks in  matched acrylic with black trim.   :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:30:38 am by vadim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 07:10:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42