What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EASY to lift cover for northern climate (MN)?  (Read 2674 times)

BigRiver

EASY to lift cover for northern climate (MN)?
« on: August 20, 2019, 09:47:15 am »
We are looking at placing an order for an 8’ spa, the Bullfrog R8 likely unless a wet test changes our mind, or a cover option on another brand that is superior.

We looked at the R8 in Lake Elmo MN. I don’t think my repeated inquiries to the salesman about easy to lift cover options sunk in. He glazed over a $2500 walk on gas assist option which was broken in the showroom and mentioned another option of an OEM (?) that was like the standard only it had a bar or linkage that goes across to keep it from being as flimsy as the original. My bride needs this for therapy and as easy and light as the standard was to lift, it was more than she should or could. I wish the salesman would have taken my cue better on this rather than trying to close first time shoppers.

What are the options for easy lift covers for either Bullfrog or does another quality brand have a better option that could sway me?

Hot Tub Forum

EASY to lift cover for northern climate (MN)?
« on: August 20, 2019, 09:47:15 am »

castletonia

Re: EASY to lift cover for northern climate (MN)?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 11:38:08 am »
Cover lifters are independent of the hot tub manufacturer.  To know what could be the best option for the Bullfrog we would need to know what your available space is on the sides and back of the hot tub. 

If you really wanted to consider other brands, maybe look into either Hot Spring or Caldera if the options are local to you.  They are their own cover lift options.  The CoverCradle / Prolift III in my opinion are the easiest to use lifts outside of an automatic lift like the Covana.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 03:01:58 pm »
Bullfrog dealers typically use Leisure concepts.  The leisure concepts new Vanish lifter is somewhat similar to the cover cradle from Hot Spring in how it works.  I've lifted that one, it's pretty darn easy.

BravoRomeo

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 12:54:35 am »
I have the Leisure Concepts Vanish XL on my Bullfrog A5L. Super easy to open / close and disappears behind the tub, if it is installed correctly. Very happy with it. 

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 06:41:05 pm »
if it is installed correctly.

This is important.  It requires reading the instructions... do not attempt to put it together without!

flamingoezz

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 04:19:43 pm »
I have the Covermate 3. Hydraulics make it a breeze to open. Only been a month so I can't comment yet on durability but no complaints yet and easy to install

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 04:19:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42