What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: worms in hot tub  (Read 5107 times)

CGHot Tub

worms in hot tub
« on: August 12, 2019, 08:36:47 pm »
Hey there... I have a hot springs and my warning light came on.  Said there was no flow.  When I opened it, I noticed some noodle looking things in there.  I switched off the power and went to the hot tub, took out my filters and noticed that those noodles started flowing out of a jet.  Then A LOT of them starting flowing out.  I did some research, they are freshwater oligochaete.   

What should I do?  I have a salt water system, apparently they do just fine in there.  Dump chlorine in it?  I think I need to change out the water for sure.

thanks in advance for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

worms in hot tub
« on: August 12, 2019, 08:36:47 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: worms in hot tub
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:08:05 pm »
Hey there... I have a hot springs and my warning light came on.  Said there was no flow.  When I opened it, I noticed some noodle looking things in there.  I switched off the power and went to the hot tub, took out my filters and noticed that those noodles started flowing out of a jet.  Then A LOT of them starting flowing out.  I did some research, they are freshwater oligochaete.   

What should I do?  I have a salt water system, apparently they do just fine in there.  Dump chlorine in it?  I think I need to change out the water for sure.

thanks in advance for any help.

Yikes!!!!!!
Retired

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 04:10:49 pm »
Are they actually worms or is this a white water mold issue?  Either way, you have to get them out of the hot tub either through skimming them out or through the filtration system.  Once they are out, I would super chlorinate and then do a drain and refill.  Your salt system is a chlorine system.

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 01:37:04 pm »
They came from either source water, or are being introduced into the system by some other means.  To kill them, you'd probably want to shock with chlorine or bring the salt system up (up the output level.)  Then skim, purge, refill.

Get those suckers out...  :(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 01:37:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42