What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Dove Canyon vs Grand Bahama Elite vs Marquis Show  (Read 5366 times)

Topdog

Artesian Dove Canyon vs Grand Bahama Elite vs Marquis Show
« on: August 07, 2019, 03:32:06 pm »
We've been wanting a hot tub for several years, finally got a large patio to put it on so time to get serious.  This site has been a wonderful resource in our search.  We've learned that there is no alternative to an actual wet test, and that is my current dilemma.  I'm really leaning toward the Grand Bahama Elite or Dove Canyon (want a lounger) but can't find either to even look at near me (Augusta GA). The nearest Artesian dealer is about 100 miles away, he has an Antigua Elite (dry) but no other Island Elite tubs on hand.  Another dealer about 2 hrs away has a Piper Glen (no lounger) available for wet test, planning to go there this Friday.  So hoping for a little info... 
- Does anyone know if the lounger is physically the same size/shape (other than jet configurations) in all the Artesian spas?  I sat in the Antigua dry and the lounger was quite comfortable (I'm 6'2 so that's often an issue).  If I can get the nearest dealer to fill the Antigua for a wet test, would it be safe to assume that the Grand Bahama and Dove Canyon loungers would have the same fit?
- How much discernable difference between the GB Elite and the Dove Canyon? I'm thinking it's probably not enough bang for the 3.2k additional bucks? I really like the concept of individual pumps for each seat.  I find diverter valves often inconveniently located, noisy, and having to choose which zone gets how much pressure, are these valid concerns that are overcome by the directflow control system? Also, with the new design of the Artesian Elites with the raised shell in the back does it require a specially made cover (will replacements be available/affordable when needed)?
- We wet tested a Marquis Show.  It's still in contention, really liked the jets, great pressure! but the overall design seemed to waste a lot of space. Rated for 5 people, but really probably only 3-4 comfortably? Dealer is local and highly respected, I haven't gotten a price yet but am guessing it will be in the same range as the Dove Canyon?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Dove Canyon vs Grand Bahama Elite vs Marquis Show
« on: August 07, 2019, 03:32:06 pm »

MarKee

Re: Artesian Dove Canyon vs Grand Bahama Elite vs Marquis Show
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 02:09:42 am »
The Show is an awesome tub and it will be hard to beat the therapy in that tub. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 10:29:57 am »
1) loungers are not the same from model to model for any manufacturer,
2) liking the dry sit on a spa is fine but that should increase your confidence level to about 20%, the other 80% is the wet test,
3) I would never purchase from a dealer 100 miles away and expect they can take care of my needs from that far away,
4) Visit all your local choices and wet test your top 2 or 3, preferably on the same weekend. It is very common to think you know which is the winner before a wet test and then get your eyes opened.

Would you "dry sit" a car you're unfamiliar with and purchase it without taking it for a road test?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:30:42 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Topdog

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 12:27:42 pm »
Spatech_tuo, Thanks for the input. 
You don't have to convince me on the importance of a wet-test.  Already had our eyes opened.  Local dealer had a great deal on a Marquis V94L, thought we'd love it, then we got in it... It came off our list in about 30 seconds.
Unfortunately local options are limited to 2 dealers, one carries Marquis and Sundance, the other is Hotsprings  I've pretty much eliminated the Hotsprings dealer because I just don't like their business tactics (calling/emailing every couple days with the "today/this weekend only sale of the century").  They gave me a "great this weekend only price" on a HS Flair that I didn't think was so great, a few days later she calls with a new sale, can now take another $600 off.  I asked about floor model was told they don't sell their floor models... until the next week when she calls with a "floor model clearance sale" can now take $1600 off that quote which was probably finally a decent deal but I'm tired of the BS and wasn't in love with the Flair in the first place.
Marquis/Sundance dealer has a great local reputation but primary business is swimming pools.  Don't seem to put a lot of emphasis on the spa side.
So, we've been traveling some distance 2+ hours in all directions (Charleston SC to Charlotte NC to Asheville NC to Atlanta GA) to find spas we can wet-test. Once we find what we really want we'll try to find the closest dealer.  My thinking is if we get a quality tub, dealer location, although not negligible, becomes less of an issue?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:08:56 pm »
Spatech_tuo, Thanks for the input. 
You don't have to convince me on the importance of a wet-test.  Already had our eyes opened.  Local dealer had a great deal on a Marquis V94L, thought we'd love it, then we got in it... It came off our list in about 30 seconds.
Unfortunately local options are limited to 2 dealers, one carries Marquis and Sundance, the other is Hotsprings I've pretty much eliminated the Hotsprings dealer because I just don't like their business tactics (calling/emailing every couple days with the "today/this weekend only sale of the century").  They gave me a "great this weekend only price" on a HS Flair that I didn't think was so great, a few days later she calls with a new sale, can now take another $600 off.  I asked about floor model was told they don't sell their floor models... until the next week when she calls with a "floor model clearance sale" can now take $1600 off that quote which was probably finally a decent deal but I'm tired of the BS and wasn't in love with the Flair in the first place.
Marquis/Sundance dealer has a great local reputation but primary business is swimming pools.  Don't seem to put a lot of emphasis on the spa side.
So, we've been traveling some distance 2+ hours in all directions (Charleston SC to Charlotte NC to Asheville NC to Atlanta GA) to find spas we can wet-test. Once we find what we really want we'll try to find the closest dealer.  My thinking is if we get a quality tub, dealer location, although not negligible, becomes less of an issue?

lol people still sell this way? I would have told her I'm gonna wait another couple weeks and soon you'll be paying me to take away your floor model  ;D ;D ;D In essence she's telling you she was trying to bend you over the barrel for $2,200 extra when you first came in? because no manufacturer is EVER offering those types of discounts which makes them 'in-house' which makes them complete are utter BS prices

Topdog

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 08:49:18 am »
Was able to wet test the Artesian Piper Glenn yesterday. It's a very nice tub in many respects. It was comfortable, quiet and the jets were great. Really like the individual pumps for each seat. But I couldn't fully relax in any seat. Further confirmed my desire for a lounger. Unfortunately the seat that my wife preferred is the one you lose when you get the lounger (Dove Canyon). We also didn't care for the raised back on the shell. The dealer agreed, said he hasn't found a cover lifter that will work with it yet. Also, don't see the bang for the buck over the Island Elite series (dealer also agreed), was quoted $13,700 for the Piper Glen / Dove Canyon; $10,900 for the Grand Bahama Elite with steps, lifter, frog@ease, tranquility fall, dynabright lights and starter chem package. Delivery/setup another $300.  Any thoughts on that pricing? Quote on the Marquis Show (different dealer) came in at $14,100 so it's most likely out of contention.
Still leaning towards the Grand Bahama Elite but haven't found one to test. They have a dry Antigua (same as GB just smaller foot well), thinking we'll see if they'll fill it for wet test, if we like that we'll probably pull the trigger on the GB?
How frustrating! Feel like I'm being too picky but this is a significant investment for us, don't want to have regrets. Haven't really looked closely at Bullfrog but may need to?

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 04:35:16 pm »
If the Platinum Elites are out of your price level, the Island Elite is a fantastic alternative.  Most of the same features so you should be happy.  The models vary so you will want to wet test them to confirm the comfort level.  Pricing seems pretty close but there are variables such as freight, etc. that can shift +/-

flamingoezz

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 04:38:41 pm »
I recently bought a Grand Bahama Elite and love it.  My dealer has the Antigua and GB side by side, and besides the stairs being wider, a few more jets and a bigger footprint they are pretty similar visually. There is also an additional pump so you don't need as many diverters, but if you wet test the Antigua, I think you can get a pretty good idea what the GB will feel like and whether you'd enjoy it.

In terms of pricing, I think you are pretty close to what I paid. My GB Elite was around 10K cash out the door with everything you mentioned minus the setup -- we did that ourselves.

swilly1000

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 12:58:00 am »
I just finished an awesome soak in my Master spa and can clearly recall how great the Marquis jet pressure was when I wet tested it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 04:59:10 pm »
I just finished an awesome soak in my Master spa and can clearly recall how great the Marquis jet pressure was when I wet tested it.

Glad to see you still posting in here swilly and glad you are still loving your master.  You are a good example of why wet testing is almost a must

Topdog

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 08:18:35 pm »
The search is finally over!  We were able to wet test the Antigua Elite today and loved it.  So we ordered the Grand Bahama Elite. Should be here in 4 to 6 weeks. Now just to get the electrician out.Thanks to all on this forum, I've learned so much here and am confident that we're getting the perfect tub (for us) because of it. I'll be sure to share our experiences (and pix) when it arrives.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 08:18:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42