What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Prism - interior color question  (Read 4617 times)

PAinIN

Hot Spring Prism - interior color question
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:05:56 am »
Hi all!

First, thank all of you for posting so much honest and candid information about hot tubs accessible for this first time buyer!  Because of this forum, my husband and I wet tested 7 different tubs before ordering a HS Prism with the saltwater system and accessories today. I think we got a pretty good deal at $12,000 plus tax.

Second, we chose the espresso cabinet to match our house and were intrigued by the platinum interior. The dealer didn’t have any in the store to show us so we are a bit concerned with the interior color choice. We liked the two colors together as viewed online, but are second guessing since we couldn’t see it in person. Is it better to order a lighter color? Any pros/cons to light or dark interior shell colors?

Third, we will be putting it on concrete in our courtyard. It is slightly uneven (only discovered because we set up a baby pool for my son last week and the water surface tilts. How uneven is uneven enough to get a contractor involved?

Thank you in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Prism - interior color question
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:05:56 am »

castletonia

Re: Hot Spring Prism - interior color question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 08:01:29 am »
That’s a super low price. 

As for the color, I like Platinum but it wouldn’t be my preferred choice with an espresso cabinet.  Alpine White and Tuscan Sun are what I sell the most of with espresso.  I’ll post a picture of Platinum when I get into work.  It will be with coastal gray but you’ll at least be able to see the color in real life.

How out of level is the patio and is the slope going to be from front to back or side to side for the hot tub?  Even for a spa as big is the Prism, anything more than an inch out of level would be too much in my opinion.  Also, regardless of the slope, will an uneven waterline bother you?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 10:28:42 am »
I agree you'd want it level within an inch.

My opinion on color choices is that siding will be visible 24/7. The shell is unseen 23 hours a day when the cover is on so the only time anyone will see it is when you're using it. Get whatever shell color floats your boat.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

PAinIN

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:10:25 am »
Thank you for the swift replies! I think we have a week to change our mind on the interior, so any real life photos would be great. I checked the HS Instagram page and saw some examples there, but not sure if it’s been filtered haha. Do scratches show up more on light or dark? Might be a dumb question, but newbie here.

I don’t think I would want an uneven waterline so I will see how uneven it is. I think it was done on purpose to drain water from the courtyard, but might cause issues now. This tub was a compromise since my husband didn’t want a pool.  :)

It also sounds like we need an electrician for the 70A requirements, so I’m learning the easy part was buying the tub!

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 06:05:34 pm »
I thought a lot about interior color and we went with a pearl white. My logic is the new tubs have some fantastic color LED lights mounted inside and a light tub color really pops with the light. Secondly I have found a light and smooth acrylic surface keeps you vigilant on wiping anything that accumulates on the surface. You will feel the slick smooth surface when you first get in your new tub. Anytime we feel a drag or stickiness we take a micro fiber cloth in with us and just lightly buff it off. It takes a couple minutes maybe once a week and our 5 year old tub is like new still. The light color will show also when it needs wiped off. Doing this once a week or so saves a lot of work when you change the water as there isn’t much to do but drain and refill.

Get the area where the tub will sit level. There is self leveling products that make it easy and it can be a DIY project. I wired my own tub but I have some strong DIY electrical skills. It is not a hard job but if you don’t understand electrical it is best left to a pro. You need to make sure you have extra capacity to handle the tub in your homes panel. I have my GFCI sub panel located near the tub per code but at least 5’ from the tub per code. I mounted mine about 5’ up on a outside wall. I often see them mounted low just a foot off the ground. I like the idea of keeping it higher and keeping kids from messing with it, Plus it should be tested religiously once a month for your safety and it is easier to do if it is at eye level.

Enjoy your new tub it sounds like a dandy and welcome to the world of tubing. :)   

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 11:07:41 am »
Just realized I have no idea how to actually post an image  :-\

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 11:23:56 am »

Same!  I have been trying to post my spa for like 20 mins on the SHOW US YOUR HOT TUB thread and I cannot for the life of me figure it out.  I read the pinned topic but I cannot figure out the second step at all.  Ugh.

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 04:46:17 pm »

Same!  I have been trying to post my spa for like 20 mins on the SHOW US YOUR HOT TUB thread and I cannot for the life of me figure it out.  I read the pinned topic but I cannot figure out the second step at all.  Ugh.

This site still requires you to host your photos on another photo storage site and then insert a link to the photo in the text of your message. Most of the storage sites will have a menu of different link formats and you click on the one you want and it puts it as copied on your computer, then you just paste it into your message.

Most forums now would rather host the photo as if anything happens on the host site the link is broken. This one should update to that IMO. Years ago I had 100s of pictures linked to a site webshots and they went out of business and it left posts with no photos all over several sites I used.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 04:46:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42