What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog X8 vs Hot Spot Rhythm vs Mira M800 NL  (Read 4085 times)

TrumpetHero

Bullfrog X8 vs Hot Spot Rhythm vs Mira M800 NL
« on: July 09, 2019, 12:09:46 am »
New user to the forums, and I've found it very eye opening to read through so many of these threads!

We are soon-to-be hot tub owners, but are still deciding on the right tub for us. I'd love to have some expert and seasoned owner opinions on the models we're looking at, as well as anything else anyone would like to add to this discussion. Five-person family, with lots of growing to do.  Mom, dad, and three kids that are 7, 5, and 2.  We love entertaining as well, so a 7 person tub is very appealing.

We have an 8" concrete pad being poured within a week that will be 8' x 10'.  Our contractor has done some work for us before, and suggested a deeper/thicker concrete pad to reduce the tendency to crack under the weight of even a large hot tub. We agree. Electrical will also be installed within a week. We know the Hot Spot comes with a box, and hopefully with some of your help we will decide on a brand before we get the box installed.

The three hot tubs in question:

Bullfrog X8: We like the size after our wet test.  It's a big tub; noticeably bigger than the Hot Spot Rhythm that we wet tested. While we know there will obviously be incidental contact in a hot tub, with this one we feel like there will be room to stretch, even with other adult company in the tub with us.  The kids have room to sit / stand / splash without being on top of us, but it's still not too deep for any of the kids, they can all touch the bottom and stand (and can all swim, and won't be unsupervised in the tub). This tub would be from Great Escape.

Hot Springs Hot Spot Rhythm: We liked the jets, they feel more forceful than the jets on the Bullfrog. The kids liked the waterfall because it will spray almost across the tub.  Not really a selling point for us adults, but fun for them. The tub feels smaller, and the kids are all over us. We liked the salesperson more, but that's on a more personal level because he's more our age. We're aware that these are commissioned salespeople (I worked sales before my current job), and will plan on compensating somewhat with a gift card after the sale is done, regardless of the outcome.

Mira M800 NL: This is a wildcard for us. The salesperson at the second option, after some correspondence, brought up this tub as sort of a counter offer to the Bullfrog at Great Escape. The price might be comparable, and the tub is a bigger tub than the Hot Spring, so would probably feel more spacious like the X8 would. I'm concerned with the build quality of Mira, as I haven't seen much about that brand at all. We also haven't wet-tested this tub, or brand, or anything about it, so the more information any of you have for us about a Mira tub, we would appreciate it!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog X8 vs Hot Spot Rhythm vs Mira M800 NL
« on: July 09, 2019, 12:09:46 am »

stlhottubber

Re: Bullfrog X8 vs Hot Spot Rhythm vs Mira M800 NL
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:29:35 am »
I've never heard of Mira, but we absolutely love our Hot Spring Pulse!  We almost bought the Rhythm due to the price but decided the Pulse was worth the extra money due to the size (we have 4 kids), upgraded features, and the longer warranty.  Our friends in Indiana have a Bullfrog and they are happy with it but they agreed that our hot tub had better jets.  They also had a warranty issue and the store they bought from (might have been Great Escape, do you live in Mishawaka?) didn't have a service department in store to fully assist them, but did get it taken care of.  Haven't had any warranty issues, but whenever me and my husband have questions, our sales lady and her service team has been great!  How do the two stores compare to service?  Hope this helps and good luck!

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 09:08:14 am »
We love our X8L Bullfrog...Have had it for almost 2 years now and you are right...It is very spacious!    Both Hot Springs and Bullfrog are excellent brands, so you can't go wrong between those two.  Just pick the one that has the most overall appeal for you and your family!  Let me know if you have any Bullfrog questions!  Good luck!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 11:06:28 am »
New user to the forums, and I've found it very eye opening to read through so many of these threads!

We are soon-to-be hot tub owners, but are still deciding on the right tub for us. I'd love to have some expert and seasoned owner opinions on the models we're looking at, as well as anything else anyone would like to add to this discussion. Five-person family, with lots of growing to do.  Mom, dad, and three kids that are 7, 5, and 2.  We love entertaining as well, so a 7 person tub is very appealing.

We have an 8" concrete pad being poured within a week that will be 8' x 10'.  Our contractor has done some work for us before, and suggested a deeper/thicker concrete pad to reduce the tendency to crack under the weight of even a large hot tub. We agree. Electrical will also be installed within a week. We know the Hot Spot comes with a box, and hopefully with some of your help we will decide on a brand before we get the box installed.

The three hot tubs in question:

Bullfrog X8: We like the size after our wet test.  It's a big tub; noticeably bigger than the Hot Spot Rhythm that we wet tested. While we know there will obviously be incidental contact in a hot tub, with this one we feel like there will be room to stretch, even with other adult company in the tub with us.  The kids have room to sit / stand / splash without being on top of us, but it's still not too deep for any of the kids, they can all touch the bottom and stand (and can all swim, and won't be unsupervised in the tub). This tub would be from Great Escape.

Hot Springs Hot Spot Rhythm: We liked the jets, they feel more forceful than the jets on the Bullfrog. The kids liked the waterfall because it will spray almost across the tub.  Not really a selling point for us adults, but fun for them. The tub feels smaller, and the kids are all over us. We liked the salesperson more, but that's on a more personal level because he's more our age. We're aware that these are commissioned salespeople (I worked sales before my current job), and will plan on compensating somewhat with a gift card after the sale is done, regardless of the outcome.

Mira M800 NL: This is a wildcard for us. The salesperson at the second option, after some correspondence, brought up this tub as sort of a counter offer to the Bullfrog at Great Escape. The price might be comparable, and the tub is a bigger tub than the Hot Spring, so would probably feel more spacious like the X8 would. I'm concerned with the build quality of Mira, as I haven't seen much about that brand at all. We also haven't wet-tested this tub, or brand, or anything about it, so the more information any of you have for us about a Mira tub, we would appreciate it!

The key thing that I take away from your entire entry here is this statement:  "We liked the jets, they feel more forceful than the jets on the Bullfrog."  This is what you're buying the hot tub for.  This is #1, 2, and 3 on the list of priorities.  Comfort is key - Its the entire reason you're purchasing a hot tub.  I understand that spacing / sizing is a form of comfort as well.  But being in the showroom, doing research, and the honeymoon stage after you purchase the tub is completely different than the next 10+ years of owning a tub. 

While right now the kids are excited and jumping all over you, odds are that you'll likely have just you two in it 90% or more of the time once the novelty has worn off.  Furthermore, my experience is that when people buy their second hot tub, 8 out of 10 times they downsize as they just didn't need all that space. 

I'll leave it to others to comment on the quality of the 3 brands you're looking at.  But I will stress again that you should lead with the "feel" and comfort of the tub first, then the quality / reputation of the dealer as your second priority in the decision-making process. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward!

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 01:49:40 pm »
Never heard of Mira so I cannot comment on that one.  Generally speaking, I think build quality will be similar between the Hot Spring and Bullfrog though as a Hot Spring dealer, I have my preference  ;D.

Two things I would consider.  First, how often will you need the additional space of a larger hot tub?  If it will be needed regularly then the additional space is justified.  If not, then you have a higher volume hot tub that will cost a bit more to operate and maintain the water.  Second, factor in the dealer.  Even though you are looking at two reputable mfg's, the dealer is your point of contact and service provider.  A bad dealer can make for a bad ownership experience even with a premium brand.

swilly1000

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:41 pm »

The key thing that I take away from your entire entry here is this statement:  "We liked the jets, they feel more forceful than the jets on the Bullfrog."  This is what you're buying the hot tub for.  This is #1, 2, and 3 on the list of priorities.  Comfort is key - Its the entire reason you're purchasing a hot tub.  I understand that spacing / sizing is a form of comfort as well.  But being in the showroom, doing research, and the honeymoon stage after you purchase the tub is completely different than the next 10+ years of owning a tub.

Exacalacaly!!

I love the jetting on my Master spa.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42