What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot springs Constant breakdown  (Read 4094 times)

Kev north

Hot springs Constant breakdown
« on: June 14, 2019, 02:44:53 pm »
 I just like to know Is it just me
 I’ve had to speaker system
One sub
 One remote control  panel
 Now   Moto  massage  has given up
Sub has  broke again 
When you disconnect your phone from the music system it makes a nasty noise on the speakers which I think causes  breakages 
  Nearly had it two years Is this normal

Hot Tub Forum

Hot springs Constant breakdown
« on: June 14, 2019, 02:44:53 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Hot springs Constant breakdown
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 03:14:52 pm »
common? no....uncommon to have (3) issues related to a stereo, unfortunately that can be fairly common with stereos installed into spas which is why most of us don't recommend it unless it's completely free of charge during a promotion (even then I'd substitute the stereo for a cost savings on the spa, just my opinion)

Moto Massage failure is def. not uncommon, don't get me wrong it's a great 'feeling jet' but I told them for years it needs a re-design, it's built waaaay to fragile imo and it's costly to replace, the retail price for that jet vs. the raw cost to make it is a complete joke, $8 worth of plastic and 50 cents worth of rubber hose and they wanna retail them for $150 a pop

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:41:52 pm »
I just like to know Is it just me
 I’ve had to speaker system
One sub
 One remote control  panel
 Now   Moto  massage  has given up
Sub has  broke again 
When you disconnect your phone from the music system it makes a nasty noise on the speakers which I think causes  breakages 
  Nearly had it two years Is this normal

Yes to the stereo.  Motos are easy to fix, but two years?  Jet breakdowns are normally caused by poor water care (ph being off for too long or over sanitation.)  The other thing is if your hot tub is a Highlife, the Jet performance... again the moto, will not go up and down if the filters are at all clogged.  The moto is especially at risk due to the rubber used to fling it up and down.  It should be easily under warranty assuming your filters are clean.

A good test is removing your filters and turning on the jets with the diverter in the correct spot.

I wouldn't worry too much about the control panel.  Again, we have some that are just a workhorse.  I have had mine for 5 years, with two kids, and it still works perfectly.  Every once in a while I'll have one where the dock, not the remote, is not allowing the remote to connect, but that is maybe happening on 4-5% of the spas that have that?  I kind of hope the allow an option to have a stationary touchpad, like the Calderas, those always work :)

Kev north

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 06:15:25 am »
  The Moto massage  Part was just a  Little piece of plastic that holds the jet on
 Unlucky
I do used that Most the time

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 01:55:26 pm »
In the two years I have been a Hot Spring dealer I have had 2 wireless remote failures and 1 moto-massage failure.  Of the spas that existed in the field from the previous local dealer, I have had 4 wireless remote failures, so a total of 6 dating back to 2014.  Not sure how many moto failures since there have been Hot Spring Spas sold locally by me since the mid 1980's, but the amount I order is not very high.  I intentionally try not to sell stereo's because I know they will be a higher failure rate and I honestly don't want to deal with those headaches.

TemptingDestiny

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 02:28:07 pm »
It's amazing how many salespeople/dealers avoid the music sale. Very rarely do I have complaints about music being an issue on the spas.
Just keep in mind, these spas are still built by hand- not machine. Hopefully you have a great dealer whom will help you out and get you back up and running in no time!

Sam

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 05:37:19 pm »
Stereos just do not hold up in a hot tub environment.  Doesn't matter the brand.  Every single manufacturer has a high failure rate for stereos.  You're so much better off getting a bluetooth speaker for a fraction of the price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 05:37:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42