What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Plz help. 1st purchase, narrowed to 3  (Read 3565 times)

Edo

Plz help. 1st purchase, narrowed to 3
« on: June 20, 2019, 11:56:18 pm »
I'm a 1st time buyer in north east and have narrowed to three tubs offered to me for all about the same price. We can't decide and are comfortable with each of the dealers. Struggling between American Whirlpool 271 (should I be concerned about insulation?) Saratoga C40 without full foam, and Artesian South Seas 748 with full foam. I'm concerned about cost to run (we will use year round), jet power/variety.  All come with cover etc., Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Hot Tub Forum

Plz help. 1st purchase, narrowed to 3
« on: June 20, 2019, 11:56:18 pm »

bud16415

Re: Plz help. 1st purchase, narrowed to 3
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 08:40:38 am »
We live up on Lake Erie and know the NE winters well.

I would strongly recommend the best insulated tub you can find with a really good quality cover also. 

Insulation and cold weather service was high on our list and we ended up with a Caldera tub insulated with packed in fiber-cor insulation. I’m not familiar with the brands you mentioned so I will let others advise you on the ones you have to choose from.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 10:53:42 am »
I only know about South Seas (the line you're looking at from Artesian) and my only drawback from when I sold them is that they were much louder than I preferred when everything was running.  We tried to get them with rubber mounts or anything to cut down on the noise.  Have you heard one filled and running? 

South Seas has a nice 3 year parts and labor warranty and lots of fun standard features.  I cannot remember if it is an option but I'd add the full pan base if you're in an area that has lots of snow.  I always like to have the area between the cabinet and the bottom of the tub protected from the elements.

But that was my only issue.  Everything else was great and Artesian is a top-notch company.  I'll leave it to others that are more qualified to discuss the merits of American Whirlpool and Saratoga.  Good luck moving forward!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 01:28:03 pm »
I think your best bets are in this order.  South Seas, Saratoga, American whirlpool.  I think the Saratoga line in general.  They are a smaller regional based company up here in the Northeast.  Have toured there facility.  It's small but adequate for the number of tubs they produce.  I would only order it with the extra insulation which is why I said South Seas first.  If the Saratoga was full foam then I would say pick the one that fits you best

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 01:28:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42