What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A5L 110  (Read 5881 times)

fischer58

Bullfrog A5L 110
« on: June 14, 2019, 09:54:53 am »
I thought I would write and give my story on my Bullfrog purchase. I bought the A5L in a 110 plug and play after much discussion with the salesperson who was extremely nice and (I thought) knowledgeable. However after having it delivered and set up realized what a big mistake I'd made. Jets would hardly work at all.  After calling the sales woman she informed me that I had picked the strongest jets and that the 110 probably couldn't handle it. She offered to have someone come out with different jet packs that use less water, however as I wanted therapeutic jets and had picked these out with her I wasn't happy with that. I asked her if I could return the tub. She said she'd have to check with upper management. Long story short Bullfrog took the tub back but I had to pay for a company to return it which I did. I'm sharing this story to help people understand that a plug and play is really not a therapeutic tub it's just a big bathtub with air jets. I really do appreciate Bullfrog taking the tub back even though it cost me $250 but I learned a valuable lesson to do a lot more of my own investigation and not rely on the sales team. I found this forum after the fact and have already had the spot I want to use wired for 220. Bullfrog is not on my list of tubs however as I don't feel I can trust the sales team and I wasn't impressed with the overall construction of the tub, it felt rather cheap to me. I don't want to insult anyone and I know a lot of people on here are dealers and I don'e want to insult you either but to people looking to buy please do your due diligence. I have narrowed my search to Sundance and Hotsprings. I'm leaning to Hotsprings. Their new freshwater salt system is very appealing to me but it is new. If anyone out there has one I'd appreciate some reviews of it. Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A5L 110
« on: June 14, 2019, 09:54:53 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Bullfrog A5L 110
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 11:22:56 am »
110 Volt spas in my opinion are ALL 'soaking tubs with light jet action' (that's exactly how I sell them to avoid any confusion) the sales team should have done a better job explaining that, honesty is always the best policy

Sam

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 11:56:42 am »
110v is just not enough power to have strong jets.  A good salesman will explain that to a customer that is interested in one.  It's worth going to 220v in most instances.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 11:57:41 am »
If I was to relay your story as a warning to others the #1 point I would pass on is that getting the right dealer is very important because a good dealer would have educated you better.

After that THEN I would relay the point that 110V spas don't have anywhere near the jet therapy that a 220v spa has.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 04:44:49 pm »
Ditto with what they said above me.

The dealer is #1.  Wet Test is #2.

I think you can get 110V spas that work for certain people in terms of hydrotherapy.  But the problem is that most people wanting hydrotherapy to get caught up in fancy and "more" jets.  If you over plumb a 110V spa, it's going to be weak.

What's funny is that an R5L might actually be more powerful (or feel that way) over an A5L, just because there is one less jet pak (assuming you picked high GPM jet paks).

Again... wet tests would help, but the sales person should have known better... or they were just too excited about a sale...

fischer58

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 09:21:47 am »
I agree about the wet test but they didn’t have a 110 hooked up. “Jets will feel similar” she said 🙄. How do you know if a dealer is good? This dealer got excellent reviews. When I tried twice to leave a review it was never posted and I gave a 3 star because they took the tub back but there are no reviews less than a 4 posted. When I was at the Hotsprings dealer a customer came in to buy product so I struck up a conversation and got great feedback from him which was encouraging.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 08:21:24 am »
  The B,frog 110v pump, is only a 1hp pump. It's pathetic.   Most use a 1.5, with Jacuzzi when we had them worked ok.   With B,frog, if we sell the 110v.   We will put a 110v 2hp in it and it solves the problem for the most part, and people are happy.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 10:38:32 am »
  The B,frog 110v pump, is only a 1hp pump. It's pathetic.   Most use a 1.5, with Jacuzzi when we had them worked ok.   With B,frog, if we sell the 110v.   We will put a 110v 2hp in it and it solves the problem for the most part, and people are happy.

Exactly, a dealer taking care of an issue before it ever gets to the customer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 10:38:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42