What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Test kit question (shying away from Taylor)  (Read 3406 times)

Chops1857

Test kit question (shying away from Taylor)
« on: June 10, 2019, 09:52:26 pm »
Hey,

I’ve tried using the search feature, but haven’t gotten a solid answer. I am leery of using the Taylor system as it seems a bit complex and when I am at the lake house I usually have my little kids with me and I’m only there for limited amounts of time. Inverting test tubes and adding additional reagents?! Ain’t nobody got time fo’ that!

Seriously though, I need something pretty quick that I can do with my kid climbing on my back so she can participate and “help.” Is the Aquachek system pretty solid? What’s considered the most reliable strip kit? I get it, it won’t be the best. So long as it is decent and I can use the tub withoutlooking like one of the Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, I’m happy (not to suggest there is ever a time where I would be happy to look like a Nazi!)

Hot Tub Forum

Test kit question (shying away from Taylor)
« on: June 10, 2019, 09:52:26 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Test kit question (shying away from Taylor)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:16 am »
Hey,

I’ve tried using the search feature, but haven’t gotten a solid answer. I am leery of using the Taylor system as it seems a bit complex and when I am at the lake house I usually have my little kids with me and I’m only there for limited amounts of time. Inverting test tubes and adding additional reagents?! Ain’t nobody got time fo’ that!

Seriously though, I need something pretty quick that I can do with my kid climbing on my back so she can participate and “help.” Is the Aquachek system pretty solid? What’s considered the most reliable strip kit? I get it, it won’t be the best. So long as it is decent and I can use the tub withoutlooking like one of the Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, I’m happy (not to suggest there is ever a time where I would be happy to look like a Nazi!)

I use the Aquacheck meter and test strips for years and am happy with it.   It might be something about my vision, but I haven't seen a test strip or test tube where I can read PH well repeatedly.  The meter gives me a consistent reading.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bradleyabell

Chops1857

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:06:34 am »
Hey Wmccall,

I like to looks of the Aquachek. I see it tests for free chlorine and bromine. I am likely going with a sodium bromide system so I will not be producing chlorine. Will this system work for me? Will I need something to test for free bromine or are free bromine and free chlorine interchangeable?

Sam

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:05:27 pm »
Hey Wmccall,

I like to looks of the Aquachek. I see it tests for free chlorine and bromine. I am likely going with a sodium bromide system so I will not be producing chlorine. Will this system work for me? Will I need something to test for free bromine or are free bromine and free chlorine interchangeable?

Bromine doesn't get tied up like chlorine does (not as bad) so you don't test for free bromine.  You just test total bromine which those strips do so they will work fine for you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:05:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42