What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Sovereign ii No Power  (Read 2329 times)

stape2000

Hot Springs Sovereign ii No Power
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »
I have tried everything in my power to figure this out.  Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like anyone locally is willing to come out and test.  I am not getting any power to the iq2020 board.  No lights at all.  I used a volt meter and have 240 coming into the heater relay board.  I have 240 going into the red and black cables on the main board and 120 on the black and white cables.  I did also test and got 12 ohms on the heater.  I assume the main board is bad but hate spending 400 without really knowing if that’s the issue.  Any guidance would be awesome.

Thanks Jake

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Sovereign ii No Power
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »

bud16415

Re: Hot Springs Sovereign ii No Power
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:15:13 am »
I'm not a pro, but I see its been a day with no replies.

If you have verified everything feeding the board is correct and you have no output I would agree with you it sounds like the board. I'm sure guys that fix them for a living have a test board to find out. Being a home owner DIY repair guy you dont get this option and most electronics you cant return.

Sorry I couldnt be more help. 

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 01:24:34 pm »
Have you noticed any rodent damage?  Damage to the ribbon cables to the control head and/or the auxiliary panel can cause it to go dark as well.  The ozone output should be getting 120V all the time, do you see any current there?

If not, it could very well be the board.  Totally sucks, but I don't highly recommend the parts roulette game.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 01:24:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42