What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Final question for newbie  (Read 2637 times)

Chops1857

Final question for newbie
« on: June 06, 2019, 03:22:09 pm »
Sorry for all the questions. My deadline (self-imposed) to buy is tomorrow and my dad just sprung a new brand on me. This is a “family” purchase for the “family” lake house,” so I feel compelled to consider all suggestions.

Anyway, he is very intrigued by Aspen Spas. They are a company based out of St Louis. They seem to be of good quality. It seems like we can get a salt water tub for a pretty solid price. I have done a search in here for aspen tubs but mostly gets results for Sundance aspen tubs.

How is Aspen’s build quality? We shut the tub down over the winter as no one really goes to the house then. So full insulation doesn’t matter to me a crazy amount. I just want solid build quality and solid parts and the knowledge that if I properly clean the lines, make repairs when needed and treat it well that it will last me 20+ years.

How does Aspen compare to Marquis’s Celebrity’s line in terms of build quality?

Hot Tub Forum

Final question for newbie
« on: June 06, 2019, 03:22:09 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Final question for newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 06:03:04 pm »
I am extremely biased on this, as I work for the manufacturer in question.  Thus - I'll simply leave this link here and if you have any questions you can PM me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4FU28zkvs&list=PLA6cEbDuEz9GQ2_1KG7WuvZUJwNAgoZNY

Chops1857

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 06:19:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply! Can you tell me, do your production methods and materials differ much from Marquis? That is the other tub I am considering.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 06:51:29 pm »
I've been on this forum for a long time and worked retail showrooms for 15+ years before this current gig.  Used to sell Marquis, Catalina, Artesian, Tuff, Jacuzzi, Viking, Great Lakes, and others.  Most were fabulous brands.  But I really love what Aspen does in terms of quality and performance.  I'll try to be brief -

Aspen Spas does not make a low-end series, mid grade series, etc.  We build everything the same way, and toggle pricing via how big is the spa and how many holes doe you want in it (i.e.- how many jets, pumps, lights, etc).  While the pump numbers and jet numbers, etc, may vary, the quality of the products used, build techniques, overall quality does not.

Additionally -we use the same parts/construction process throughout.  The compression-fit gaskets (From CMP) are EPDM and create such a tight seal we do not need to use glues or silicone, nor do we use wing nuts on the back.  3/4 inch shurgrip hose wont kink, collapse, and like fingercuffs it will bite down harder as it is pulled.  Thus we don't need to have a barbed fitting, a clamp, screw, and foam to ensure security.  We've greatly reduced the risk of leaks.

And our shell (now 7 total layers) uses 30-35% long-strand fiberglass on every GP Resin or Vinyl Ester coating, is hand-rolled and sanded for better mechanical bonding.  Its "neat" (no fillers like calcium carbonate) and uses resin-drenched balsa coring for the "feet and seat" areas - making the weakest part of the shell 28x stronger.

Full ABS recycled plastic pan base is standard on all units and series.

I could go on and on but in the interest of being concise, I feel that no brand does all the things Aspen Spas does when it comes to ensuring quality from top to bottom.  I greatly understand that there are many highly-reputable brands out there, and they have outstanding quality of their own, and I have sold numerous brands over my almost 20 years in the industry (and I have more years to come within this industry as I am still under 40).  I also know that coming from someone who works at the factory it can sound like I've been coached or am spinning a sales yarn.  By being trained by other sales reps I learned that some pitches are designed to put an emphasis on one thing to hide a flaw somewhere else.  Or more likely - to hide why they did not spend money on the better part, build process / technique, etc.  With Aspen, I've never felt that any aspect of what we do is not the best way to do it. This is why we are so transparent about how we build, what exactly we do, and why we do it.

For any questions you're welcome to reach out to me here on via email:  dan@aspenspas.com

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:35:13 pm »
I've been on this forum for a long time and worked retail showrooms for 15+ years before this current gig.  Used to sell Marquis, Catalina, Artesian, Tuff, Jacuzzi, Viking, Great Lakes, and others.  Most were fabulous brands.  But I really love what Aspen does in terms of quality and performance.  I'll try to be brief -

Aspen Spas does not make a low-end series, mid grade series, etc.  We build everything the same way, and toggle pricing via how big is the spa and how many holes doe you want in it (i.e.- how many jets, pumps, lights, etc).  While the pump numbers and jet numbers, etc, may vary, the quality of the products used, build techniques, overall quality does not.

Additionally -we use the same parts/construction process throughout.  The compression-fit gaskets (From CMP) are EPDM and create such a tight seal we do not need to use glues or silicone, nor do we use wing nuts on the back.  3/4 inch shurgrip hose wont kink, collapse, and like fingercuffs it will bite down harder as it is pulled.  Thus we don't need to have a barbed fitting, a clamp, screw, and foam to ensure security.  We've greatly reduced the risk of leaks.

And our shell (now 7 total layers) uses 30-35% long-strand fiberglass on every GP Resin or Vinyl Ester coating, is hand-rolled and sanded for better mechanical bonding.  Its "neat" (no fillers like calcium carbonate) and uses resin-drenched balsa coring for the "feet and seat" areas - making the weakest part of the shell 28x stronger.

I could go on and on but in the interest of being concise, I feel that no brand does all the things Aspen Spas does when it comes to ensuring quality from top to bottom.  I greatly understand that there are many highly-reputable brands out there, and they have outstanding quality of their own, and I have sold numerous brands over my almost 20 years in the industry (and I have more years to come within this industry as I am still under 40).  I also know that coming from someone who works at the factory it can sound like I've been coached or am spinning a sales yarn.  By being trained by other sales reps I learned that some pitches are designed to put an emphasis on one thing to hide a flaw somewhere else.  Or more likely - to hide why they did not spend money on the better part, build process / technique, etc.  With Aspen, I've never felt that any aspect of what we do is not the best way to do it. This is why we are so transparent about how we build, what exactly we do, and why we do it.

For any questions you're welcome to reach out to me here on via email:  dan@aspenspas.com

You guys had a swim spa on display in the Covana booth in Vegas this past fall didn't you? I think I remember speaking with the owner for a good amount of time about swim spas and the industry in general, seemed like a good guy

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 08:15:58 pm »

You guys had a swim spa on display in the Covana booth in Vegas this past fall didn't you? I think I remember speaking with the owner for a good amount of time about swim spas and the industry in general, seemed like a good guy

It was!  That was Tom - one of the co-owners (along with his brother Sam) who started up Aspen Spas. 

Chops1857

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 09:19:27 pm »
Thanks for the replies, Dan. I actually sent you a private message regarding salt, too. Whenever you get a chance....

Turns out you spoke to my dad earlier today on the phone. He had very nice things to say. So far Aspen has made a great impression. Everything I’m I’m learning has been great. I really had my mind made up on Marquis, but I’m really starting to give Aspen a strong go. I think I’ll spend a day or two trying to learn more and if I’m left feeling confident, I’ll get the Arcadia. So far, it seems like a damn nice tub and a damn nice value.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 09:19:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42