What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Has anyone used the SmartChlor system?  (Read 2496 times)

sjde

Has anyone used the SmartChlor system?
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:16:21 am »
I’m looking to get some feedback on this new system.

Hot Tub Forum

Has anyone used the SmartChlor system?
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:16:21 am »

castletonia

Re: Has anyone used the SmartChlor system?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:58:42 pm »
I sell it and use it in one of my display model hot tubs.  Are you looking at the floating or inline version?  What questions do you have?

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 07:35:38 am »
I have used the @ease cartridges in my inline frog feeder system and they work great. Just like daily dosing with dichlor only you don’t have to remember to do it. The down side is more expensive per day than the dichlor. Other down side is if your bather load is up and down the dosing isn’t self adjusting and will have to be supplemented with some dichlor anyway.

I use mine when we go away for a week or more the rest of the time I just take 5 minutes a day and test and add what the tub needs. 

Deb1eric

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:41:02 am »
My new Bullfrog R8 comes with the frog ease smartclor system.  It's getting delivered in 2 weeks, is it better to use this or maintain water with chlorine?  It seems like I have to buy it from a spa dealer cause it's not sold online.  I'm leaning towards doing it my own.

silversun

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 12:22:36 pm »
i havent used smartchlor but i looked into it because I'm a huge fan of automation. unfortunately it doesn't get the cost/benefit ratio right for me. It's significantly more expensive than just doing it yourself.

i use a method which has been working really well. I use a modified version of the dichlor/bleach method, starting with dichlor and switching to bleach after enough CYA has built up. But i've setup the bleach to automatically dose the tub at regular intervals.

I use a two part doser (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-2-part-doser-1-1-ml-per-minute.html) feeding from a 3 gallon tub of bleach. to control the dosing I bought a smart plug and use an app on my phone to set a schedule which will automatically dose the tub at regular intervals.
It took some initial tinkering and trial and error to get the schedule right, but now that I've figured it out it's cheap, I don't have to worry about CYA build up, and it just plain works. I've been using it for almost a year and i always open up the cover to perfectly clear don't even need to think about it. I'd highly suggest this method to anyone looking to automate and simplify their maintenance.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:24:36 pm by silversun »

sjde

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:17:33 pm »
I just found another thread on this with lots of info--

Ease inline smartchlor
Started by Conine2965

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:17:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42