What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Martinique vs Hot Spring Beam - are these prices good?  (Read 5945 times)

bebopdeluxe76

Hello everyone...long time lurker here.  So, I have to replace my Caldera Moorea with a new tub, and my wife says it has to be a salt water system - she is REALLY sensitive to chemicals.  The need for a salt water tub really limits my options.  There is an 800-pount gorilla dealer in my region that carries both Caldera and Hot Spring (they are where I bought my Moorea, and my Hot Spring Soverign before that), so I feel a little frustrated that I really cannot shop price - since these are the guys who will also service the tub.  The two tubs I am looking at are the Caldera Martinique and the Hot Spring Beam, and the prices (including ACE system) are:

Martinique - $8999 + tax
Beam - $8250 + tax

Includes all the usuals, delivery and removal of the old tub.

Looking at recent threads on this forum I have seen some silly prices for the Martinique (which is the one I am leaning towards), but I also understand that there may be other factors at play (floor demo, a particular dealer who needs to move some inventory, etc).  I just want some confirmation that the above prices are solid prices from a quality dealer.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:54:08 pm by bebopdeluxe76 »

Hot Tub Forum

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Caldera Martinique vs Hot Spring Beam - are these prices good?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 03:20:28 pm »
Those are fair reasonable prices.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

bebopdeluxe76

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 03:30:43 pm »
Thanks for the response.  Got the dealer down to $9,000 cash on the Martinique - I think that is the lowest they are willing to go...

bebopdeluxe76

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 05:51:06 pm »
Thanks for the response.  Got the dealer down to $9,000 cash on the Martinique - I think that is the lowest they are willing to go...

$9,000 all-in (including tax), cash purchase.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 06:22:26 pm »
Good price with tax and all the other stuff included. That’s what I sell that tub for before accessories and tax

bebopdeluxe76

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 07:14:34 pm »
Good price with tax and all the other stuff included. That’s what I sell that tub for before accessories and tax

Thanks.  I pulled the trigger on it today.  It is a little smaller than my last two tubs (Caldera Moorea and Hot Spring Soverign), but I think it will be big enough.  Not thrilled going from a two jet tub like the Moorea to the Martinique, but it sounds like most people are happy with the single jet in this tub.  At the end of the day, I had to get a salt water tub and I had a price point to work with...and this one fits the bill.  We almost never have 4 adults in the tub (we will have 4-5 kids in the tub), so not spending the extra $ for the Flair or Seychelles is hopefully not a huge deal.

I hope this Freshwater salt system holds up OK; only a 1 year warranty there.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 07:16:20 pm »
It has 2 pumps in it. I’ve had my freshwater salt system for about 7-8 months now. So far so good. Martinique is probably my best seller

bebopdeluxe76

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 07:23:53 pm »
It has 2 pumps in it. I’ve had my freshwater salt system for about 7-8 months now. So far so good. Martinique is probably my best seller

I should clarify - one of the pumps is a 24-hour circulation pump/jet - yes?

Perhaps I am mistaken - the Moorea had two primary therapy pumps, each working certain groups of jets/seats in the tub (one was a two-speed pump).  I thought the Martinique only had one primary pump...am I wrong on that?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 07:30:59 pm »
2 main pumps plus a circulation pump. Tub is pretty powerful

castletonia

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 07:54:43 pm »
Martinique is nice spa.  I'm between $9500-$11000 depending on options.  It has 2 jet pumps plus a 24 hour circulation pump.  Really comfortable in my opinion with quite a bit of power.

bebopdeluxe76

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 10:33:13 pm »
Definitely going to miss the Euphoria jet - it was my favorite jet in the Moorea.  I think the Seychelles was going to be $1200-1500 more...a lot of money for that one jet.

Piupolino

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 10:27:34 am »
Hi! I am also looking for a Martinique. You paid a very competitive price, where are you based? Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 10:27:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42