What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Grandee and Metal Gon  (Read 2816 times)

Upstate_Dunadan

HS Grandee and Metal Gon
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:56:46 am »
New HS Grandee owner here.  I'm just waiting for our electrician to come back and wire her up before the fun can begin.  I've been lurking for a while reading and absorbing info....this Forum is great.  I now have a question and I'm sure that I'm overthinking it, but hey, it's what I do. 

I plan to use Metal Gon with my initial fill-up.  The bottle says to pour the entire content around the outside edge of the tub while jets are going.  My HS manual clearly says that all chemicals should be added directly into the filter chamber.  I'm not sure if it has to do with the bypass filtration or something else.  So....should I follow the Metal Gon instructions or the HS manual instructions, or does it matter?

Thanks for the help.

Hot Tub Forum

HS Grandee and Metal Gon
« on: May 16, 2019, 08:56:46 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: HS Grandee and Metal Gon
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 11:56:06 am »
Welcome to the forum. Great first question, haven't heard that one before.  I assume HS still has no bypass filtration? (Termy, where are you?)  If so, all the water is going to go there anyway.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 11:59:32 am »
New HS Grandee owner here.  I'm just waiting for our electrician to come back and wire her up before the fun can begin.  I've been lurking for a while reading and absorbing info....this Forum is great.  I now have a question and I'm sure that I'm overthinking it, but hey, it's what I do. 

I plan to use Metal Gon with my initial fill-up.  The bottle says to pour the entire content around the outside edge of the tub while jets are going.  My HS manual clearly says that all chemicals should be added directly into the filter chamber.  I'm not sure if it has to do with the bypass filtration or something else.  So....should I follow the Metal Gon instructions or the HS manual instructions, or does it matter?

Thanks for the help.

I don't think it'll really matter in this case, it'll disperse quickly as its not a granular chem that'll fall onto the seats/floor and sit there or anything that would harm the shell while in concentrate. Take your pick and in this case I'd follow the Metal Gon instruction FWIW.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Upstate_Dunadan

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 01:30:36 pm »
Yes, it has the no bypass filtration so everything is going to go through there anyways as mentioned.

Agree it probably doesn't matter as noted, it's a liquid and isn't really going to settlle like granular dichlor would.

I think it's the geeky side of me that was curious if one was better than the other.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 01:30:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42