What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings Vanguard or Grandee  (Read 3469 times)

dogiaokhanhlinh

Hotsprings Vanguard or Grandee
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:55:43 pm »
Hi - We are looking at theses two models online and haven't been able to test them yet.  We are a family of two adults and two teenagers.  We range in size from 6', 5'7" and 5'3".  Would the vanguard be too small for all of us to fit comfortably?  For those that have these models, what are your pros/cons to them?  Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Hotsprings Vanguard or Grandee
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:55:43 pm »

castletonia

Re: Hotsprings Vanguard or Grandee
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 07:52:36 am »
I'm not an owner, but a Hot Spring dealer.  My personal opinion is the Vanguard would be tight.  A dry test would tell you if the space is sufficient for you, but I think the Grandee would be better if you plan on having 4+ people in the tub regularly.

Qrose

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 10:31:20 am »
We did dry test a Vanguard and decided on the Aria because of the way our feet hit in the Vanguard. If you can do the Grandee I would It has a much better foot well. Can you get all 4 of you in to test it together? It's a big investment you want to be happy. In saying that the Vanguard is a beautiful tub it's all down to personal preference.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 10:36:27 am »
Hi - We are looking at theses two models online and haven't been able to test them yet.  We are a family of two adults and two teenagers.  We range in size from 6', 5'7" and 5'3".  Would the vanguard be too small for all of us to fit comfortably?  For those that have these models, what are your pros/cons to them?  Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.  Its just possible the Vanguard may be a better fit for you.  The teen agers may not want to be in with you nightly after the Novelty, and maybe they will be moving on.    Our first tub was a larger one, and after 9 years it was just my wife and I, so we bought one more Vanguard sized on the 2nd go around.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 11:16:31 am »

If 2 spas have a similar layout the bigger spa will probably beat the smaller spa in every way but price, yard space taken up and fit if you're short. You don't mention price so it sounds like you're not making that a limiting factor and you didn't mention it being a tight fit in the yard. So unless the bigger spa is too deep for one of the family members (dry and especially wet testing will answer that) then why not go bigger.

I had a large spa for years with 3 growing boys. My wife would often say "when the kids move away we need a smaller spa". We eventually got rid of the spa and a few months ago my wife said she wants another spa. The more she thinks about it, the bigger the spa gets that she wants. So much for a small spa when its just us 2.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Johnrb3

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 02:33:01 pm »
We have the Grandee that we just got. I went with the larger size so I could float in it on a pool float. Kind of my “white trash” swimming pool.  It works great though so who cares.  I lay back with my Kindle amd read and splash myself every once and a while.  If you can go bigger I’d go bigger. I think it adds more versatility...space and budget not being a factor of course.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 02:33:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42