What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Vanguard  (Read 4583 times)

m4kk4m

Hot Springs Vanguard
« on: May 12, 2019, 04:21:46 pm »
I am brand new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has a Hot Springs Vanguard and if they do how do you like it? I was quoted $13,999 before tax and was wondering if that's a good price.  I had a classic for years and loved it. Only paid $5000 new back in the day so having a bit of sticker shock coming back to the market  ;D I loved my Moto massage so it's hard for me to look at other spas but would certainly appreciate any input anyone has.  Thank you in advance. 

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Vanguard
« on: May 12, 2019, 04:21:46 pm »

Buzzbomb1

Re: Hot Springs Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:25 pm »
I purchased the Vanguard in February and that was the price we paid which included cover steps and startup kit. We did purchase during a promotion of their new salt system so the price was usually higher. If we chose to finance through them it would have been more.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:19:22 am »
I used to own a Vanguard, now a Grandee (bigger Vanguard.)  Still love it, and use it every day.  That's what the Vanguard goes for.  If you strip it back, you can get it may a little lower.  Normally when people are in that luxury level style, they might upgrade it a bit, so ours normally goes from $13.5-$15000, depending on options.  The Hot Spring Salt promo starts at the end of this week for 10 days, if you wait and buy it then, you can get a salt system and a 3 pack of salt cartridges, which is good value if you are going to do it anyway! 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:27:30 am »
I am brand new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has a Hot Springs Vanguard and if they do how do you like it? I was quoted $13,999 before tax and was wondering if that's a good price.  I had a classic for years and loved it. Only paid $5000 new back in the day so having a bit of sticker shock coming back to the market  ;D I loved my Moto massage so it's hard for me to look at other spas but would certainly appreciate any input anyone has.  Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum. Those classics lived forever, I use to see a bunch of those. I did like my sister's vanguard when we visited.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

m4kk4m

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 02:19:43 pm »
Thank you everyone for your input. I have another concern. I am 5' 3, my husband is 6'.  Our Classic was 33" tall and the Vanguard is 36" tall. I was wondering if that might be a little too deep. I see the Sovereign is only 33" tall but don't know much about that one and it only has 1 Moto massage jet. They don't have a Vanguard set up for wet testing.  Has anyone gone from a 33" to a 36" ?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 03:49:17 pm »
Thank you everyone for your input. I have another concern. I am 5' 3, my husband is 6'.  Our Classic was 33" tall and the Vanguard is 36" tall. I was wondering if that might be a little too deep. I see the Sovereign is only 33" tall but don't know much about that one and it only has 1 Moto massage jet. They don't have a Vanguard set up for wet testing.  Has anyone gone from a 33" to a 36" ?

To me this is the prime reason to do a wet test.  My wife and I are about 6" different, but there were a few tubs that she couldn't find one comfortable seat.   We ended up with one we both liked after about 5 tries.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

m4kk4m

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 04:18:46 pm »
they only have a Grandee set up to wet test and it's 38" deep so that doesn't help. Much as I love Hot Springs there is a Sundance dealer close to me who is willing to let me wet test any spa they have they will even come in after hours if I want. Now that's great customer service. I may do that although I was really intrigued by the Hot Springs salt water system and can I live without the Moto massage? I'm a little frustrated with the Hot Springs dealer but don't want to let that stop me from buying a great spa. Thanks for letting me vent  :D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 04:38:23 pm »
they only have a Grandee set up to wet test and it's 38" deep so that doesn't help. Much as I love Hot Springs there is a Sundance dealer close to me who is willing to let me wet test any spa they have they will even come in after hours if I want. Now that's great customer service. I may do that although I was really intrigued by the Hot Springs salt water system and can I live without the Moto massage? I'm a little frustrated with the Hot Springs dealer but don't want to let that stop me from buying a great spa. Thanks for letting me vent  :D

You should consider taking what you just wrote above and relaying it to the Hot Springs dealer to lay your cards on the table, kind of "here's the story, I have other options".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 04:38:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42