What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer - Overwhelmed - Nordic vs Jacuzzi  (Read 4865 times)

emp1r3

First time buyer - Overwhelmed - Nordic vs Jacuzzi
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:49:03 pm »
Hi guys. We recently bought a house with a 8x8 area with a 220v hookup outside where the previous owners tub used to be. We have been shopping and here are the experiences:
 1. Hot springs rhythem 8K otd
 2. Master spa inspire 6K otd (Sales guy was extremely pushy and was begging for a deposit which I didn't like. Also he said they have a sale that ends today. Apparently they have a sale every week that ends Sunday).
 3. Jacuzzi J245 7K otd
 4. Jacuzzi J280 8K otd

We haven't looked at any nordic and wondering if I can get the same quality as the spas above (entry level spas) for a cheaper price. I want to get a gauge on these prices and the differences between hot springs, jacuzzi and nordic primarily. I don't think we will be going with master spa with how the store treated me when I was there.

Also on these entry level tubs how are the jets? I think being theraputic is important to us, but on the other hand being first time spa owners it's daunting putting more than 8-9K for a spa. Do any of these companies have a model slightly above these that is hands down worth the price?

Hot Tub Forum

First time buyer - Overwhelmed - Nordic vs Jacuzzi
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:49:03 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: First time buyer - Overwhelmed - Nordic vs Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 07:42:02 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Your choices seem worthwhile.  I've never owned a Nordic, but I have seen a lot of them. They seem pretty simple, not a lot of bells and whistles, but known for reliability and serviceability.  Hocking County, Ohio has a lot of cabins in the woods with hottubs and many of them seem to be round nordic tubs.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 07:59:14 am »
Hi guys. We recently bought a house with a 8x8 area with a 220v hookup outside where the previous owners tub used to be. We have been shopping and here are the experiences:
 1. Hot springs rhythem 8K otd
 2. Master spa inspire 6K otd (Sales guy was extremely pushy and was begging for a deposit which I didn't like. Also he said they have a sale that ends today. Apparently they have a sale every week that ends Sunday).
 3. Jacuzzi J245 7K otd
 4. Jacuzzi J280 8K otd

We haven't looked at any nordic and wondering if I can get the same quality as the spas above (entry level spas) for a cheaper price. I want to get a gauge on these prices and the differences between hot springs, jacuzzi and nordic primarily. I don't think we will be going with master spa with how the store treated me when I was there.

Also on these entry level tubs how are the jets? I think being theraputic is important to us, but on the other hand being first time spa owners it's daunting putting more than 8-9K for a spa. Do any of these companies have a model slightly above these that is hands down worth the price?

I would 100% avoid Master Spas...Go and wet test a Nordic and the Hot Springs + Jacuzzi...That should make your decision easy enough.  Nordic will most likely be cheaper , but not by too much.  They use a different material for their shells which we didn't like when we wet tested, but some love it.

emp1r3

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 09:20:23 pm »
We settled on the jacuzzi 280. Got the clearray, premium cover thrown in for free, lifter and steps as well for 8k otd.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 10:37:16 am »
We settled on the jacuzzi 280. Got the clearray, premium cover thrown in for free, lifter and steps as well for 8k otd.

Good luck, let us know how it goes for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 10:37:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42