What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Average cost to run electric?  (Read 2983 times)

flamingoezz

Average cost to run electric?
« on: May 15, 2019, 09:05:29 am »
Just want to make sure the quote I got is reasonable. $1100 to run 60 amp, 220v 40 feet or so to my spa. I'm finding mostly older posts that mention rates around $600, but that was before 2010 and I'm not sure where they are located. Just looking for a ballpark on what people are spending these days.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Average cost to run electric?
« on: May 15, 2019, 09:05:29 am »

castletonia

Re: Average cost to run electric?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:47 am »
That’s probably within reason.  My electrician tells me to quote people $800-$1200 when they ask.  If you have concerns about the price, get a second quote.  If it’s similar, then you know your getting reasonable rates.  If it’s lower, then you need to investigate more.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:28 pm »
same as Castle....I give 'rough quotes' in-store of $900-$1,500 depending on distance to the spa, chasing wire through a finished or unfinished basement, trenching or no trenching required, etc are a few variables that could make the price increase

Andocrx

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:10:25 pm »
Hello,

Had my electrician over tonight to see our job and I was quoted $900 Canadian. 

Our  basement  is not finished so running the wire from our panel to the back yard will not be that difficult and the conduit will be put down before our concrete will be done which also makes it easier for them to fish the wires once the hot tub arrives.

I did get one other quote and he was asking $1200 . 

flamingoezz

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 09:38:32 pm »
a follow up -- Is electric normally run through the side wall of the hottub or should I run coduit in my slab? Pouring next week.

Artesian is the brand if that matters

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 08:50:01 am »
There is normally a point in each corner at the base to allow for power to enter. Some have a place on the backside also with a passageway under the tub. With concrete most people have the ridged conduit stubbed off close to where it will enter and then switch to flexible seal-tite going into the tub.

I have a wooden deck and I ran my power from below for a clean look on the outside but it would be too hard lifting the tub and setting it down over a conduit sticking up out of concrete.

Plan the location where it will be away from foot traffic.     

swilly1000

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 01:15:07 am »
If you get the schematic diagram for the tub you can run the conduit from underneath the concrete pad BUT double triple quadruple check your measurements to ensure you don't run the conduit to the wrong spot.  Here's a look at my freshly poured pad with the conduit sticking out.  The paver stones went in around the pad the next day.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xmdr45n4KZD6KT9C8

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 01:15:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42