What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help identify a Hot Springs hot tub  (Read 2711 times)

RS222

Help identify a Hot Springs hot tub
« on: May 14, 2019, 02:45:24 pm »
Hello all! I have just joined this forum in the hopes I can get help in identifying the pictured model and ask for some help.
I was recently offered with this tub it's overall clean but I don't know much about these hot tubs. I do know that there is a noisy pump that needs to be replaced and there is a leak from potentially one of the jets or plumbing pipes. It is very tempting to get this tub as I know it is a good quality brand but I wanted to check and see if anyone knew how old it is? and how difficult/expensive it is to get replacement parts for it? And if anyone can give any sort of feedback on how much life is left on it I would truly appreciate it. I am very handy when it comes to plumbing and electrical but I never personally dealt with a hot tub.
Thank you for any insight and feedback!

Hot Tub Forum

Help identify a Hot Springs hot tub
« on: May 14, 2019, 02:45:24 pm »

RS222

Re: Help identify a Hot Springs hot tub
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 02:49:39 pm »
I apologize here are the links for the two pictures:
https://ibb.co/SwK0xcW
https://ibb.co/RpsZTbT

m4kk4m

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 03:10:42 pm »
It looks like a Grandee. I am currently looking at Hot Springs and have the brochure in front of me. Pretty sure that's what it is.

RS222

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 10:17:34 am »
Thank you for that information! Is there a way to tell how old it is and how much of a life expectancy can be expected from this tub?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:17 am »
Thank you for that information! Is there a way to tell how old it is and how much of a life expectancy can be expected from this tub?

Look for an alpha-numeric serial number around the equipment compartment and post it here where someone can decipher it for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 12:19:53 pm »
Yup, it’s a Grandee.  Post the serial number.  It will start with GG.  Based on looks, guessing it’s a 2007 or 2008.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 01:07:37 pm »
There's a sticker in the photo which has the serial number. I can't read it = even zoomed in = but if you post it, maybe you can read it on your og photo, we can help.

Yes, it is a Grandee. I have a Vista just like it sitting in my front driveway right now - it came out of a deck with a minor leak. Leak fixed, people bought another tub and I am now the owner!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 02:38:47 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 01:07:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42