What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Grandee vs Prism 2019  (Read 6859 times)

rpabech

Hot Spring Grandee vs Prism 2019
« on: May 03, 2019, 10:48:47 am »
We made a deposit on a 2019 HS Grandee this weekend (15k including delivery, steps, ozone, salt system, 1 year of water treatment, etc). This is eastern Massachusetts. We tested and love it (we really want a big tub)

But this week my wife found about the HS Prism, which is a "inferior" line (Limelight), but it is much bigger, fits the same 7 people and has a Lounge (which is nice to have as long as do not compromise seating for 7). My dealer do not have this, so we could not test it, but wife is really thinking of changing the order for this.

Anyone in this forum has experience with the Prism or the limelight collection in terms of quality compared to the High life?

I like both designs, but what I heard is that the Limelight do not have the same good Tri-X filtration (100% no bypass) and the ABS base with improved insulation all around.

Are those really important that it would not justify the trade from a Grandee? If it is only looks and little gimmicks (like remote control and lights) I would be OK changing, but if it would be not as efficient and water not as clear, then I would stick with the Grandee.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 10:50:21 am by rpabech »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Grandee vs Prism 2019
« on: May 03, 2019, 10:48:47 am »

rpabech

Re: Hot Spring Grandee vs Prism 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 12:34:49 pm »
By the way, it may be a deal breaker for us, but the dealer just told me that the PRISM has to be delivered by Crane due the size and also require extra electrical work since it need a change from 50 to 70A (optional but here in the north, a must if you want the pump 3 and the heater to work at the same time. Pump 3 is the lounge pump by the way) and the Breaker panel is not provided (so at least 2k more for Crane and electrical work together). The tub price is the same. So I guess I will stick with my Grandee.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 01:03:53 pm »
Tri-X and 100% no-bypass shouldn't be a factor in your decision at all, both spas will provide plenty of filtration.  More importantly especially in the Grandee is a Wet Test, it's a big spa with no foot dome so if you're on the shorter side floating may be an issue where the Prism has plenty of places to 'plant your feet'...a wet test will also determine if you see 'value' in some of the Highlife collections jets or if you prefer the more 'industry standard' jets that are available in the Prism.  Both nice spas, just a matter of personal comfort imo

Ralith

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 07:51:41 pm »
We wet tested both Prism and Grandee, preferred Prism for several reasons, size being one. We did end up going with an Artesian Isle Margarita Elite, great tub and about 4-5k cheaper. For us, Prism was in 15-16k range and Grandee was like 13-14k, but that's Indiana.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 07:51:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42