What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down to 3 tubs any advice Sundance Lay-z-boy and Bullfrog  (Read 11292 times)

Jangles

Re: Down to 3 tubs any advice Sundance Lay-z-boy and Bullfrog
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 10:48:26 pm »
I’m in almost the exact same predicament as you. I also live in Ontario, just north of Toronto. We narrowed it down to the bullfrog A8, hydropool 720 and the Sundance Optima. We looked at the lazy boy hydropool but didn’t find it as comfortable as they claim and if I was to go with hydropool I’d want to have their “self cleaning” option available which isn’t on the lazy boy. When we wet tested the optima I was very pleased with the jets and seats but my wife found she was floating. They also had a kingston 980 that we were impressed with but it was a shallower tub and me being 6’5” there was only 1 seat that my shoulders were under water. I found the A8 to be the most spacious tub, best back, shoulder and feet jets but very little in calf’s hips and seat jets. I’m curious where you’re shopping and what prices you are being quoted. The industry here seems very hush hush on prices.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 10:48:26 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 02:27:18 pm »
I’d want to have their “self cleaning” option

Every single tub in the world is self cleaning except whirlpool bath tubs. You drain them every time you use them.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 08:35:09 pm »
Self cleaning option is the biggest gimmick there is. All tubs are self cleaning

Andocrx

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 09:33:30 pm »
HI Jangles,

I agree with TMan and hottubguy I sort of find the self cleaning option that Hydropool has sort of a gimmick and they are just using that fancy word to attracted customers.  All hot tubs have filters 1 or 2 of them that will filter your water to help keep it clean.

Funny you are in the same boat as me  lol I have only got a price from the lay-z-boy Hydropool factory store in Mississauga I will find out what the price of the A7L and the Sundance Optima on Saturday. 

I do agree with you when you say its hush hush when trying to get pricing, we all want to know that we are getting a good price and not over paying. 
Have you gotten any quotes yet that you are willing to share?

IF you are north of Toronto I believe you may be close to Barrie they have a BullFrog dealer there not sure check them out yet or not.

Let me know how you make out and if you are willing to share your  pricing would help out a lot.

Thanks

Jangles

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 01:01:36 am »
I agree the term self cleaning is a little bit of a misconception,but the idea that it’s also pulling from the bottom where a lot of grit sits is kind of a nice touch. Right now the fully loaded platinum 720 is 15k out the door, the optima is 18k out the door and the A8 is 17 out the door. The floor model Kingston 980 is 17.5 out the door. I’ve been to Barrie and wet tested the A7 and to a couple different sundances. I did speak with my pool guy today who has been in the industry for 10 years. He didn’t really have a preference of what tub is the best quality or bang for buck however he did say that having hydropool’s manufacturing plant so close by is a major plus for any issues we may have during the tubs lifespan. I’m curious what other people’s thoughts were on which tub is the best out of the above mentioned.

bradleyabell

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 08:16:05 am »
I love my Bullfrog tub...!

Andocrx

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 05:26:53 pm »

Hi Bradley,

May I ask which bull Frog tub do you have ?   How long have you owned it for and what can you tell us about owner a bull frog spa? 

sound like you love it which is great but what would you say is the things that set it apart from some of the others you were looking at the start?

Would love to hear your comments.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 07:37:15 pm »

Hi Bradley,

May I ask which bull Frog tub do you have ?   How long have you owned it for and what can you tell us about owner a bull frog spa? 

sound like you love it which is great but what would you say is the things that set it apart from some of the others you were looking at the start?

Think you are overthinking things wet test and buy the one you like the best. What I like or what anybody else likes might not be what you like

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 10:37:46 am »

Hi Bradley,

Think you are overthinking things wet test and buy the one you like the best. What I like or what anybody else likes might not be what you like

+1 all day on Hottubguy's post.

A while back I suggested a pinned topic for those who come here for help finding their way through the buying process/  I could be missing something here but it would essentially be - Find out what brands are represented in your area and limit your information input to strictly those brands, research the dealer's reputability and eliminate those with poor reputations, visit the showroom of the brands and dealers you are comfortable with, and wet test.  From there, seek out more input on what you like, because regardless of what anyone says about any specific brand or model, if the hot tub simply is not comfortable to you - the purchaser - you're not going to purchase it. 

Simplify the process and trust your instincts but seek clarity when necessary - that is what everyone on this site is here for!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 11:18:21 am »
I agree the term self cleaning is a little bit of a misconception,but the idea that it’s also pulling from the bottom where a lot of grit sits is kind of a nice touch. Right now the fully loaded platinum 720 is 15k out the door, the optima is 18k out the door and the A8 is 17 out the door. The floor model Kingston 980 is 17.5 out the door. I’ve been to Barrie and wet tested the A7 and to a couple different sundances. I did speak with my pool guy today who has been in the industry for 10 years. He didn’t really have a preference of what tub is the best quality or bang for buck however he did say that having hydropool’s manufacturing plant so close by is a major plus for any issues we may have during the tubs lifespan. I’m curious what other people’s thoughts were on which tub is the best out of the above mentioned.

An Optima is $1,000 more than an A8??? lol sorry but that's comical

Andocrx

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 11:29:52 am »
HI all,

So we wet tested the Both the Sundance Optima and the Bull Frog A8L.

Both were very nice but I think we would give the Edge to the Optima when it come to the over all hydrotherapy we are looking for.

But from a built stand point the Bull Frog was a way better made tub in my opinion seemed like it will last a long time.

The optima in the tub cabinet frame and corner pieces had a lot of wood which did  not even look like pressure treated   Something to think about as I am sure short term it will not be an issue but long term with it being outside and ever being a chance for a leak makes me a little scared with the wood rotting.

Here are the quoted pricing we got on the Tubs Seem very high to me:

Optima $18,500 plus tax which comes to $20,950 with everything delivery cover, lifter and steps.

Bull Frog A8 very same price as above with delivery etc

Bull Frog A7  $16500 plus tax comes to $18,645 delivery cover  etc  all these prices are in Canadian Dollars.

whats your thoughts

Sam

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 05:23:02 pm »
HI all,

So we wet tested the Both the Sundance Optima and the Bull Frog A8L.

Both were very nice but I think we would give the Edge to the Optima when it come to the over all hydrotherapy we are looking for.

But from a built stand point the Bull Frog was a way better made tub in my opinion seemed like it will last a long time.

The optima in the tub cabinet frame and corner pieces had a lot of wood which did  not even look like pressure treated   Something to think about as I am sure short term it will not be an issue but long term with it being outside and ever being a chance for a leak makes me a little scared with the wood rotting.

Here are the quoted pricing we got on the Tubs Seem very high to me:

Optima $18,500 plus tax which comes to $20,950 with everything delivery cover, lifter and steps.

Bull Frog A8 very same price as above with delivery etc

Bull Frog A7  $16500 plus tax comes to $18,645 delivery cover  etc  all these prices are in Canadian Dollars.

whats your thoughts

That is a little high on the Bullfrog if my conversion to usd is correct.  About a grand or so.  If you play hardball maybe more, though importing into Canada probably is what accounts for the difference.

kattie89

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 10:26:06 am »
Sam, ok but what can you say about hot tubs pregnancy issue? What I mean ... would it be ok for girl or woman during the pregnancy to take her time in hot tub or some kind of jacuzzi? Are there any temperature suggestions or restrictions? Or you can say only about technical part of hot tubs? My sister loves hot tubs, but she doesn't want to harm a baby, as well as her own wellness.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 04:45:47 am by kattie89 »

kattie89

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 11:06:52 am »
A while back I suggested a pinned topic for those who come here for help finding their way through the buying process/  I could be missing something here but it would essentially be - Find out what brands are represented in your area and limit your information input to strictly those brands, research the dealer's reputability and eliminate those with poor reputations, visit the showroom of the brands and dealers you are comfortable with, and wet test.  From there, seek out more input on what you like, because regardless of what anyone says about any specific brand or model, if the hot tub simply is not comfortable to you - the purchaser - you're not going to purchase it.

Exactly, sir.
Sometimes ordinary people, who deal with hot tubs for the first time - simply need some more info about it.
About all the options they can get purchasing one or another hot tub, you know.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 02:17:01 pm »
Sam, ok but what can you say about hot tubs pregnancy issue? What I mean ... would it be ok for girl or woman during the pregnancy to take her time in hot tub or some kind of jacuzzi? Are there any temperature suggestions or restrictions? Or you can say only about technical part of hot tubs? My sister loves hot tubs, but she doesn't want to harm a baby.

I believe I've seen comments that it should be ok if the water temp is kept at typical body temperature and no higher but the only person whose opinion matters in this regard is her doctor who I assume she is meeting with regularly throughout her pregnancy.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 02:17:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42